British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow 2013

Sounds like a great night, with 300 fans there that bods well for the future, just hope we will be there ourselves in 2013

I was getting promising texts regarding the Comets future last night too . I'm pretty certain our paths will cross next year as usual

• Like 2

Great news guys

Delighted to hear the Glasgow Tigers will continue next season and hopefully for many seasons to come.The place wouldnt be the same without them.

Was a great night last night . Much relief that the club will continue and that was followed by watching the GP on big screens amongst 300 speedway fans . We even had holiday makers from Bradford and Exeter with us to enjoy the night's entertainment . Also we had a fantastic special guest in Gary Havelock . A true legend of the sport .

Was a great night last night . Much relief that the club will continue and that was followed by watching the GP on big screens amongst 300 speedway fans . We even had holiday makers from Bradford and Exeter with us to enjoy the night's entertainment . Also we had a fantastic special guest in Gary Havelock . A true legend of the sport .

Who will be the new owners then?

Think the original poster was putting a positive spin on being able to take to track , then you come along with your usual negativity thought you might have been pleased a team in trouble may have found a solution .

Team building will be the final piece and to be honest as long as we are competitive I don't think any off us care as long as we have the Tiger's to support , I notice no other negative comments only your's why am i not surprised

I wasnt being negative I was asking some pretty important questions.

I wasnt being negative I was asking some pretty important questions.

Questions i am sure that will be answered in due course.

Good news, very good news.

Very healthy turn out.

Any further information available for common consumption?

Who are the new owners?

Team plans?

Stadium plans?

Track plans?

Good news, very good news.

Very healthy turn out.

Any further information available for common consumption?

Who are the new owners?

Team plans?

Stadium plans?

Track plans?

New promoter is Alan Biggart , a Tigers fan of many years who now resides in Denmark . The day to day running of the club will be done by most of the STARS commitee as Alan and his main shareholder , Gordon Pairman , have their bases away from our mainland .

Speaking to Alan last night , he's well aware that the level of entertainment has to be improved and talks will be made with the stadium owners , Ashfield F.C. about improving all facets of the stadium .

The track and bar area should be first in the list .

It is also mooted that floodlights should be erected enabling us to return to Friday night racing . That will of course be subject to planning permission being attained . The target is to get 800 minimum through the turnstiles at Ashfield on a regular basis and all avenues will be investigated in order for that to happen

I thought Peter Waite was taking over?

Bigeddie told us that, looks like he was talking tosh as usual.

Nice to see Glasgow getting a happy outcome.

With a Danish based Promoter I wonder if they will be tapping into the Danish market..

Nice to see Glasgow getting a happy outcome.

With a Danish based Promoter I wonder if they will be tapping into the Danish market..

Erm dont even go there lol

New promoter is Alan Biggart , a Tigers fan of many years who now resides in Denmark . The day to day running of the club will be done by most of the STARS commitee as Alan and his main shareholder , Gordon Pairman , have their bases away from our mainland .

Speaking to Alan last night , he's well aware that the level of entertainment has to be improved and talks will be made with the stadium owners , Ashfield F.C. about improving all facets of the stadium .

The track and bar area should be first in the list .

It is also mooted that floodlights should be erected enabling us to return to Friday night racing . That will of course be subject to planning permission being attained . The target is to get 800 minimum through the turnstiles at Ashfield on a regular basis and all avenues will be investigated in order for that to happen

Thanks for that.

Making all the right noises.

Floodlights are the way forward.