British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

Proctor could be a possibility or what about the way we were set up the season before.

Instead of a 9 point number 1, what about 3 strong heat leaders. Like we had with Parker, Ashworth and Auty. All 3 swapped between the number 1 spot.

A decent reserve covering a new 3 pointer then fill in the second string gaps.

The excitement was massive in 2011 and the racing was fantastic, any of our top three could be in heat 15 and was good watching Birks improve.

Proctor could be a possibility or what about the way we were set up the season before.

Instead of a 9 point number 1, what about 3 strong heat leaders. Like we had with Parker, Ashworth and Auty. All 3 swapped between the number 1 spot.

A decent reserve covering a new 3 pointer then fill in the second string gaps.

The excitement was massive in 2011 and the racing was fantastic, any of our top three could be in heat 15 and was good watching Birks improve.

Okay what about.

(1) Ty Proctor

(2) Joe Haines

(3) Ricky Wells

(4) Cory Gathercole (don't believe I actually said that)

(5) Kauko Nieminen

(6) Simon Lambert

(7) 3 point rider.

• Like 2

I'd go for that, or

1 Neminen 8.18

2 Haines 5.04

3 Masters 7.43

4 Wells 6.47

5 Grajczonek 7.44

6 Lambert 4.41

7 Sarjeant 3.00 = 41.97

Only problem is its been stated that 3 riders will be returning from this year and we've both only 2

Edited by Friddy75

I'd go for that, or

1 Neminen 8.18

2 Haines 5.04

3 Masters 7.43

4 Wells 6.47

5 Grajczonek 7.44

6 Lambert 4.41

7 Sarjeant 3.00 = 41.97

Only problem is its been stated that 3 riders will be returning from this year and we've both only 2

Niemenen going nowhere if Leicester remain in PL, and also he's just signed to race in Swedish 2nd Tier which is raced on Thursdays

To my mind, to be an `out an out` number 1 which apparently we want to sign, you've got to have an average in excess of 9 at least. Its not that long ago that 8.18 would only have got you the 3rd heat leader spot in a team (in what was a much stronger league).

When did 8.18 ever make a 3rd heat leader in March?

Crowds did drop when Ricky left the club.

I don't think last season was about one rider leaving it was more of a case of the lack of a true number 1, which Ricky would be if we brought him back.

But too be honest unless unless Berwick don't run then we won't see him back at Sheffield.

Sheffield would be crazy not to at least put an offer to Ashworth,with Ashworth having a high average he might not want to hang around waiting for any uncertainty over a return to Berwick.All things considered though,should Berwick run next year I think Ashworths name will be the first on the team sheet.

Okay what about.

(1) Ty Proctor

(2) Joe Haines

(3) Ricky Wells

(5) Kauko Nieminen

(6) Simon Lambert

(7) 3 point rider.

Okay what about.

(1) Ty Proctor

(2) Joe Haines

(3) Ricky Wells

(5) Kauko Nieminen

(6) Simon Lambert

(7) 3 point rider.

I like the look of this team but cant see it ever happening

Sheffield would be crazy not to at least put an offer to Ashworth,with Ashworth having a high average he might not want to hang around waiting for any uncertainty over a return to Berwick.All things considered though,should Berwick run next year I think Ashworths name will be the first on the team sheet.

Sheffield do speak to all their assets before putting their team together, but generally they allow riders to ride where they want to, hence the reason why I have rule him out, as he has already said that he would like to be back at Berwick.

I like the look of this team but cant see it ever happening

Me neither, just showing what could be possible.

A current PL number one told me yesterday he has asked his parent club if he can talk to Sheffield or Rye House reason being in his words they are the only clubs who appear to pay their riders on time. Watch this space.

A current PL number one told me yesterday he has asked his parent club if he can talk to Sheffield or Rye House reason being in his words they are the only clubs who appear to pay their riders on time. Watch this space.

Probably not true, but what the hell. :sad:

Ruling out

Ricky Ashworth

Charlie Gjeddde

Pepe Franc

That would leave;

Craig Cook

Joe Screen

Leigh Lanham

Kauko Nieminen

Stuart Robson

Ben Barker

Ulirch Ostergaard

Josh Auty

Jason Doyle

Very true, never have problems getting riders to ride or guest for them. No bouncing cheques or dodgy contracts with Len and Neil.

And said rider has dis-closed this to has he and even if he did he must have ridden for all PL clubs to be privy to when these clubs pay there riders oh dear :o

And said rider has dis-closed this to has he and even if he did he must have ridden for all PL clubs to be privy to when these clubs pay there riders oh dear :o

Yeah but did not half put the cat amongst the pigeons. :lol: