British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

Look I'm very sorry that your personal friends haven't been employed at Sheffield (again) but get over it. The reality is that Ricky Wells has signed; he earns the bulk of his money (as they all do) on results, he will be motivated to race at his best for Sheffield. I would imagine his biggest issue is moaning G*ts like you! Do me a favour PM me if you ever post anything positive, I don't want to miss it.

Two of them has been employed by Sheffield actually Mr Happy Clapper :P

Also one at Wolves one at Swindon , one at Redcar and one at Scunny,

I get to know things fella ... you would do well to listen to me and not be so grumpy all the time , all you ever do is moan about people moaning !

Edited by OILYRAG

Two of them has been employed by Sheffield actually Mr Happy Clapper :P

Also one at Wolves one at Swindon , one at Redcar and one at Scunny,

I get to know things fella ... you would do well to listen to me and not be so grumpy all the time , all you ever do is moan about people moaning !

Well Mr 10% you failed to PM me didn't you? I did ask you to PM me if you had anything positive to post; I nearly missed it. Two of your mates gainfully employed is positive isn't it? But your so used to been negative you couldn't even see the positive in that. I am personally stunned. Next time try and work it out; in fact let me help; if there is a modicum of good news in anything you are thinking of posting do let me know in advance, as previously requested.

Stichaeur, Poole and Wells...part of that fantastic Stoke team of 2011...

Big of a strong, and illegal, NL side...

Big of a strong, and illegal, NL side...

Had a good nights drinking?

Charlie Monk was good though.

Charlie had the unenviable task of filling the gap left by the departure of Jim Airey and was only ever going to be pale by comparison. I agree he was a poker-faced old charmer though.

Had a good nights drinking?

Had a few, but I don't see how that is relevant. It seems like Vog had been on the juice as, in 2011, Stoke were in the NL :wink:

Fixtures released, and I for one am particularly glad to see the return of the...

TOP GUN !

• Like 1

Fixtures released, and I for one am particularly glad to see the return of the...

TOP GUN !

And Tom Cruise.

Watch out for the Aussie youngsters taking part in the showpiece event:

Brendon Harley

Callum Shores

Jason Bennington

Mix them with Max Fricke, Brandon Freemantle, our own Jake Knight and we could have a tasty top gun meeting on our hands.

Oh and whatever happened to Leigh Boujos ? Wasnt he supposed to be the next aussie rider being the best thing since sliced bread signing for Sheffield ?

Just to put the record streight Charlie Monk was replaced by Jim Airey. Bob Valentine then quickly moved into the NO1 spot which was hotly contested with Doug Wyer and Reg Wilson. But my memory is starting to go a bit

Charlie had the unenviable task of filling the gap left by the departure of Jim Airey and was only ever going to be pale by comparison. I agree he was a poker-faced old charmer though.

Jim Airey replaced Charlie Monk who returned to Glasgow. I was at the supporters club meeting when Frank Varey announced Jim's signing and there were people booing!

Nothing changes at Sheffield does it!!!

• Like 1

I think that once the team is declared I don't think that you can swap the riding order around.

Will be interesting to see who the Promotion decide to promote inot the msin body of the team.

Whether it is Koppe or Albin remains to be seen.

My personal preference is to go with Koppe at reserve, as I think he has the more potential to score more points than Albin and can take on the extra rides.

But lets see where the Promotion goes with this one.

Well I thought it was that your highest average rider had to be no.1 and your two lowest were at reserve. Other than that, I thought that anything goes. (Or was that only for one week before and after a full moon and on bank holidays?) I just can't keep up these days! I await the 'shooting down in flames'.

Well I thought it was that your highest average rider had to be no.1 and your two lowest were at reserve. Other than that, I thought that anything goes. (Or was that only for one week before and after a full moon and on bank holidays?) I just can't keep up these days! I await the 'shooting down in flames'.

You've got that spot on Willow. The only difference in the Sheffield side is that they have two assessed 5 point riders, so they can decide who starts at reserve.

TOP GUN !

Great meeting for the youngsters but what do we get out of it ? Be nice to see one of them progress in our first team as we used to.

Great meeting for the youngsters but what do we get out of it ? Be nice to see one of them progress in our first team as we used to.

Maybe the club could make one of the prizes a contract to ride for Sheffield in 2014.