British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

I agree nowt to lose, start building now for next season.

No good luck Joe..No.all the best Joe.......

Could replacements not wait till tomorrow. BTW MPT was dropped by Scunny because he was under performing....Just saying like.

:rolleyes::angry:

So was Simon Lambert but he turned it round at Sheffield,maybe MPT needs a fresh start, we've nowt to lose.......Just saying like.

Hope Joe gets a good rest and break from the sport and decides to come back.

Too good a talent to lose.

Feel sorry for Joe maybe Sheffield will go after Charlie Wright.

Hopefully Machin looks at signing Charles Wright who is in good form and at sametime starts looking to steal a march on rest of premier league with regards to next season, seems in recent years we pick up the scraps nobody else wants or use our asset base which is not that strong anymore.

Hopefully Machin looks at signing Charles Wright who is in good form and at sametime starts looking to steal a march on rest of premier league with regards to next season, seems in recent years we pick up the scraps nobody else wants or use our asset base which is not that strong anymore.

Do none of you read the speedway star ? Wright was interviewed and said he wouldn't be signing for a PL club this year as he wouldn't be able to give 100%. He would do some guest bookings and then he would re look at it next year.

I doubt it very much that will happen.I feel we just riding the season out after all the bad luck weve had.I think we will just rely on guests and get season over a.s.a.p..We are not a club to make changes and look towards next season as proven in the past.Im not confident we will win tomorrow.Glasgows new signing seems to have settled in but we only stick with current assets which as we know are past their best.Its been another long season which is not good for Sheffield speedway.best we can hope for is next to bottom.

• Like 1

we only stick with current assets which as we know are past their best.

A bit harsh, Charlieboy -- Sheffield have introduced Facu Albin and Damien Koppe this year and could see them rising to become worthwhile assets in seasons to come. No-one could have seen the horrific injury tappy coming.

I know this is a Sheffield thread but I make no apologies for posting a link here to the Ricky Ashworth wristbands.. I'm well aware he means just as much to you fans as he does to us! :approve:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=121156087224

• Like 2

Has Thorpy retired yet? :D

A bit harsh, Charlieboy -- Sheffield have introduced Facu Albin and Damien Koppe this year and could see them rising to become worthwhile assets in seasons to come. No-one could have seen the horrific injury tappy coming.

I wasn't meaning albin and koppe ,just the likes of Sanchez,Hally,ben Wilson,jackobson etc.we always go down the same route.The injuries have decimated us this year but other teams have them and progress,we just stagnate.I know guests and r/r are the norm in speedway but to watch a Sheffield select every week is not what brings the fans in,how can anybody take the sport seriously ? The sky meetings are littered with more premier riders and r/r than elite league riders !!!!!!!!!

I'd be at Berwick sat if I was the sheffield promotion - scouting the under 21s and looking at some options. I'm all for bringing the Brit kids through but unfortunately there isn't enough coming through now. Sheffield have to look at next season and try and get one step ahead of the game with their plans.

Albin has been a decent signing and very entertaining but needs to be in a good team to develop.

Edited by speedway_dan

Would love to see Stead, Lawson, Roynon, Compton and Albin for next year.

Work the other 2 round them maybe Josh Bates who looks promising or James Sargeant dito, not sure what average that would leave based on 41.5 maybe 5 pts?

Edited by yorkshiretyke