British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

Stead wont join Sheff - defo

MPT either

If you dont ant Skideers Scunny may fit him in -

Try writing that when your sober.

• Like 1

After the disapointment with the team this year thought more people would have had a say on this subject.? Are we all waiting for the first signing to get started or everyone still down about this year ?

I'm just quite surprised that the conversation of Sheffield possibly being up for sale hasn't come up yet!

Is that a fact or terrace talk??

Is that a fact or terrace talk??

Machin said in last weeks speedway star that he's seriously considering putting the club up for sale.

Machin said in last weeks speedway star that he's seriously considering putting the club up for sale.

Machin is a Promoter who can see where the sport is going but can't seem to do anything about it.You can't blame him if he is not willing to lose a lot of money paying over the odds to run the sport.

i would think he not the only one and if offers came in they would be out like a flash

I'm just quite surprised that the conversation of Sheffield possibly being up for sale hasn't come up yet!

Well, if you're going to stir it, why not quote Machin's consideration about selling alongside his suggestion that, if they could, 95% of promoters would sell up?

Well, if you're going to stir it, why not quote Machin's consideration about selling alongside his suggestion that, if they could, 95% of promoters would sell up?

Thats probably true after the season that they have just had IMO

Machin is a Promoter who can see where the sport is going but can't seem to do anything about it.You can't blame him if he is not willing to lose a lot of money paying over the odds to run the sport.

Couldn't blame the guy at all, with whatever decsion he deicides to make for the club. He's done more than enough to keep the club running as it is.

Hardly stiring. Just pointing out the prospect that we could end up being one of the many clubs up for sale. And I agree with him, i mean who wouldn't sell their club with everything that going on in British speedway? Only a couple I'd imagine.

Edited by spin king junior

Well Mark I've already had my opinion for next seasons team. But it does seem more and more likely that Ricky Ashworth will return to Berwick and my second choice of Auty will probably be back at Scunny. And I expect if Glasgow survive(hope they do) that they could possibly keep Morris being there asset. I may need to pick a new number 1 for my choice team so....

1 Ashworth/Auty/Morris/Bach/Lawson

2 Palm Toft//Birks/Bellego/R.Worrall

3 Bjerre/Summers/Masters/Doolan/Lanham

4 Skiddy

5 Wells

6 Haines

7 Sarjeant

Same as my previous picks, starting with first choices. Being realistic, if Worky keep going(hope they do) I doubt they could fit Lawson and Bach in so we'll have which ever they don't have.

As for the disappointment's of this year. I'd like to see some changes next year.

None of the throwing the dummy out over lost riders like the Auty/Birks tantrum. Keep the fans and riders more up to date with team building not leaving riders hanging on Ashworth/Lambert.

Get Hoggy back on the presenting, he builds more atmosphere. Keep the fans informed with injuries and estimates of when riders will return as we heard nothing for weeks about Sanchez and Pepe. Stop charging for kids under 16 with paying adults to allow family's to continue coming. Do some promoting before and through the season. Take a number 8 if riding away with R/R. And most of all get a competent manager to run the team as this season several times over showed the Hinchcliff/Hoggy double act just didn't work!!!!

1. Simon Stead

2. Thomas Jorgensen

3. Ricky Ashworth

4. Lasse Bjerre

5. Josh Auty

6. Joe Haines

7. Simon Lambert

Don't know if it fits, but all go well round Scunthorpe. If the weather stays fine in Scunthorpe, then this team will bring success back to Sheffield.

• Like 1

1. Simon Stead

2. Thomas Jorgensen

3. Ricky Ashworth

4. Lasse Bjerre

5. Josh Auty

6. Joe Haines

7. Simon Lambert

Don't know if it fits, but all go well round Scunthorpe. If the weather stays fine in Scunthorpe, then this team will bring success back to Sheffield.

Just become a Scorpions fan, and be done with it. :wink:

Just become a Scorpions fan, and be done with it. :wink:

Never!!!