British Speedway Forum
Whiteliner

Dear Cvs A Plea From A Supporter Of Speedway In General (re Redcar)

I think GT did alter the kerb line fractionally but it did not change the racing lines as the kerb is on the level part not the banking. I remember talking to GT at the time.

Hi Tsunami, spoke to Glyn last night. He said he had never, altered the kerb and it was exactly as it was, when it was first put in. He made some mods to the track surface, but in the hope it, would change some of the racing lines, (not sure wether it worked or not). Hence the reason for the slight increase in track length. For what it's worth, in my opinion, it did not affect the standard of racing.

Hi Tsunami, spoke to Glyn last night. He said he had never, altered the kerb and it was exactly as it was, when it was first put in. He made some mods to the track surface, but in the hope it, would change some of the racing lines, (not sure whether it worked or not). Hence the reason for the slight increase in track length. For what it's worth, in my opinion, it did not affect the standard of racing.

Thanks for that. The alterations certainly didn't change any racing lines that I have seen on my many visits.

Thanks for that. The alterations certainly didn't change any racing lines that I have seen on my many visits.

Yeah, you are right. I know Glyn had some other plans, but due to circumstances, did not get a chance to implement them.

Not sure where people are getting their facts from about the kerb/inside line not changing.

I was all for putting in a proper kerb as it is at the STMP now as during the first (or first 2 seasons) the white line was chalked onto the track and changed slightly in position week upon week. I remember reading this in writing in either the Gazette or the Speedway Star, not sure which.

Can't be bothered finding the article as I have DVD evidence to prove the point. The racing did change though as in the first season (or two) riders could put their front wheel over the white line (or the rear if you are Magnus Zetterstrom). Since the kerb was put in they don't as it is raised above the track surface on the bends thus restricting/altering racing lines. No doubt we will have some Newcastle supporters telling me otherwise!

As for what GT might say. Well no comment!

Edited by Bellers101
  • Like 1

Not sure where people are getting their facts from about the kerb/inside line not changing.

I was all for putting in a proper kerb as it is at the STMP now as during the first (or first 2 seasons) the white line was chalked onto the track and changed slightly in position week upon week. I remember reading this in writing in either the Gazette or the Speedway Star, not sure which.

Can't be bothered finding the article as I have DVD evidence to prove the point. The racing did change though as in the first season (or two) riders could put their front wheel over the white line (or the rear if you are Magnus Zetterstrom). Since the kerb was put in they don't as it is raised above the track surface on the bends thus restricting/altering racing lines. No doubt we will have some Newcastle supporters telling me otherwise!

As for what GT might say. Well no comment!

The white line, was chalked in for one season and one season only.