British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Plymouth V Newcastle Pl Friday 21st September 2012

Hiya Plymouth

Here come the Diamonds.

As far as I am concerned The team that finishes top of the league are the real league champions so I want us to take points from Plymouth and finish top dogs. We need Christian, Ludvig and Neddy to score heavily as we have been unable to rely on Stuart and Mark, I am sure there will be reasons for their hit and miss form even if i cannot see it?

For me our number 7, Claes, has been a far better rider since dropping to reserve. Maybe he will get it going and get 7 good scoring rides against the Devils. I think he will win us the match. No pressure then Claes. :blink:

I predict all Newcastle Riders riding well ( Robbo and Lemo will deliver) and us coming away 50-40 winners. Why? because I have been forecasting that scoreline all season and by the law of averages it will happen doon on the south coast as it is our last match.

As always whatever happens, I sincerely hope that Newcastle will entertain the home fans by gating well and coming from the back (In Robbos case).

You Devils are being visited by top of the table elect Newcastle Diamonds so fall over in our presence, we are after maximum points but only need a draw

But --- if Plymouth win 49-41 (or better) they will guarantee lifting themselves off the bottom of the table and into the Young Shield (or whatever it's now called).

Guaranteeing two more home fixtures, and with reported crowd levels at a more-than-profitable level, this is something the Devils' management will be gagging for.

So it isn't all about Newcastle topping the table (which is just about bragging rights plus first and third choice of play-off opposition) and has the hallmark of a pretty intense tussle.

But --- if Plymouth win 49-41 (or better) they will guarantee lifting themselves off the bottom of the table and into the Young Shield (or whatever it's now called).

Guaranteeing two more home fixtures, and with reported crowd levels at a more-than-profitable level, this is something the Devils' management will be gagging for.

So it isn't all about Newcastle topping the table (which is just about bragging rights plus first and third choice of play-off opposition) and has the hallmark of a pretty intense tussle.

2 more home matches so he can owe the riders even more money.

• Like 1

As far as I am concerned The team that finishes top of the league are the real league champions

I agree

Think who we get in for Steve could be the difference...or...how does starke go round Plymouth??

Paul goes very well round here.At least he did in the NLdays.

Spoke to him at Cardiff,and hed welcome the chance to stuff Bowden.He was treated very badly last time he was a Devil.

Id love more meetings here this season.If only for the riders,PROVIDING they get paid.

That said,I will be cheering and willing the Diamonds to go on and win the Play offs. I made so many friends there last season while travelling with Kyle Newman.Other than my team of birth,Poole,the Diamonds are my 2nd team.

Howay the lads! :-)

• Like 3

That said,I will be cheering and willing the Diamonds to go on and win the Play offs. I made so many friends there last season while travelling with Kyle Newman.Other than my team of birth,Poole,the Diamonds are my 2nd team.

I have pictures of you holding an Oxford racejacket - I thought we were your second team? ;)

All the best

Rob

I have pictures of you holding an Oxford racejacket - I thought we were your second team? ;)

All the best

Rob

Times are a changing Rob! Still have a big soft spot for Oxford though.

Just 12 months ago I would never have thought that Plymouth would be my regular 'home' team!

Only watched racing at Wimborne Road twice all season!

Newcastle is run superbly.A role model for any prospectivd Promoter.

• Like 3

If Newcastle win at Plymouth i hope Paul and Claes win it for them only because the way the two lads were treated by Bowden, Paul was well liiked at Plymouth, did that bother Bowden, no didn't even cross his tiny little mind that the lad was well liked by the Plymouth supporters.

• Like 1

Lemmo has just tweeted 'Its all kicking off in Plymouth'!!!

Riders in dispute again..........????

Lemmo has just tweeted 'Its all kicking off in Plymouth'!!!

Riders in dispute again..........????

Police are there apparently from other tweets....scrap it...call it a draw ;):)