British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Plymouth V Newcastle Pl Friday 21st September 2012

Well done to the Diamonds for finishing top of the league. Fantastic achievement considering we lost the best reserve pairing in the league half-way through the season.

Will be tough to win the play-offs but hope we can do it as we deserve it. Anyone know how the play-off selection works? I would like to see us in a group with Leicester & Workington.

We pick first, then Scunny pick, then we pick again, Scunny get who's left.

Well done the diamonds geet up there , am going for a diamonds v scunny final

Edited by diamonds7

No trophy for it but still a brilliant feat, given the loss of our 2 ace cards and no team changes....well done all involved.

Quite agreed. What team has lost their top rider on a 8.5ish average and not been able to replace him, except with reserves and later with second strings. Rolling averages of course, but I still agree with them in principle. Riders like Starke have given their all for us, but none of them were Stevie Worrall, but that's not their fault. We have missed the twins, even more so than heatleaders.

Scunny meeting tonight was getting tight till mid meeting, then they pulled away so we had to get a result. It took Claes and Christian to take heat 14 to make it safe for us and not need to have to draw or win heat 15.

I think we will go for Leicester as first pick.

Congratulations to Newcastle on finishing top of the league, well deserved,, you have set the pace throughout the season despite your injuries. Just ashame the Comets will win the play offs ;0))

Edited by stemoc

How ironic that Barker scores a "paid" maximum when there's little chance of him seeing the money!

If there's any justice then Newcastle will win the play offs. They'd be pretty gutted not to after coming top of the pile. Having Nedermark at reserve for the last month or so has helped them enormously.

Edited by Shadders

I would go for Liecester n Somerset,,, or Workington, depending on who'll get bombed first

I'd pick Leicester and worky...assuming Scunny pick Edinburgh as they won there and Somerset will be last to get picked lol

I'd pick Leicester and worky...assuming Scunny pick Edinburgh as they won there and Somerset will be last to get picked lol

yeah,,,, never thought ov the petrol money :-(

Well done Ned, well done George and congrats to whole team and promotion. Ned and Starke showed the Devils what they had let go. Don't really care about the playoffs as so far as i am concerned we have won the league. Winning the playoffs will be a bonus! Superb to round off with an away win after missing out on so many and having to make do with a 1 point result.

• Like 1

Well done to all the diamonds and Paul Starke for 5 very valuable points.....and ned for an excellent 15..well done all 7.. ;)

• Like 2

There was no dispute with riders tonight. The police were not there for any reason concerning riders with disputes over pay or anything else.

Newcastle Diamonds - 2012 League Champions. Now for the play-offs.

Sorry to rain on your parade dear boy, but unless you win the play offs then your name won't be appearing on the trophy. We nicked it off Kings Lynn in 2007, not even finishing in the top four!