British Speedway Forum
Brooksy

Somerset V Newcastle Lc Semi. Weds Sept 19.

Who guests for Steve?? Starke again or Is there a horse for the course.....does anyone know if we can use stefan Nielsen ( if that's how it's spelled) to cover Steve if available??

Who guests for Steve?? Starke again or Is there a horse for the course.....does anyone know if we can use stefan Nielsen ( if that's how it's spelled) to cover Steve if available??

Byron Bekker on the Somerset site

Hopefully, if tonights performance is anything to go by, Alex could well be the match winner for the Rebels. 14+1 from 5 rides for Aus tonight at Leicester!

Hopefully, if tonights performance is anything to go by, Alex could well be the match winner for the Rebels. 14+1 from 5 rides for Aus tonight at Leicester!

Went to have a 6th ride but came off in first bend & what I heard he was knocked out, hope he is ok.

Not sure if Alex will be riding as last I heard was he was having to go to Leicester hospital to get checked out as was knocked out in crash and had been sick so possible concussion, I would suspect an overnight stay in hospital if this is correct I know the county ambulance just arrived as I left.

I love two legged afairs. You cannot really argue against a team winning over 30 heats can you? This is why I am going for a Newcastle aggregate win. Ther is no doubt Somerset are a very good side so both matches will be worth turning up to watch. The diamonds have frequently picked up the odd point for finishing close away from home. That is why we are top of the league contenders. We have always done well at home thanks to our second strings Ludvig, Christian and Ned and the Worralls prior to the broken legs the twins have. Unlike Newcastle riders of the past they can all gate well. We need Stuart and Mark to lead the way tonight as they can score well at Somerset.

I hope the weather is good and both sets of riders entertain and come through unscathed.

Oh Yeah my prediction! why do I want to say 50-40 to Newcastle?, maybe I'm mad eh? If we get 40 I will be happy but I expect it to be close

Edited by dantodan
  • Like 1

No definitive news on Alex's injury as yet - Rebels will be severely weakened if he's out, given his recent form.

The good news is the sun is out here, though a bit blustery just for a change! I'd bring a sweater, even you Geordies! :wink:

• Like 1

So when did Alex crash last night? I looked at the updates and saw that Nick Morris withdraw but nothing on Alex... Surely if he did crash it didn't affect him much as he scored a max!

Its on this thread mate. And should be on your website home page.

Edited by Starman2006

Just heard from the track that Alex is not riding tonight. He is still recovering from concusion and should be fit for the next home match on the 28th.

The Rebels will operate R/R so hopefully Kyle and Tom will be in good form tonight so that we can take a decent lead up North.

So when will this meeting be re-staged??

So when will this meeting be re-staged??

Next Friday, 28th September.....further details regarding re-admission tickets, programmes etc, should be available on Rebels website tomorrow (Thursday)

Edited by Statman

Next Friday, 28th September.....further details regarding re-admission tickets, programmes etc, should be available on Rebels website tomorrow (Thursday)

Why thank you Statman, you were on your toes there!

I thought Somerset was englands sunshine county. Hectic times for the Diamonds at the end of the season. We are in the league play offs, the league cup and the KO cup. It is great to have meaningful fixtures and even the league match at Plymouth is important as a result there (Draw will do) will mean us finishing top of the league

• Like 1