Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pere Ubon

Ipswich V. Workington Lc S/f 20/9

According to the Witches website line - ups as follows:

Ipswich.                                        Workington. 

1. Leigh Lanham                         1. Richard Lawson ©

2. Dakota North                 2. R/R

3. Taylor Poole                 3. Rene Bach

4. Morten Risager                4. Ashley Birks (G)

5. Rohan Tungate                 5. Ricky Wells (G)

6. Mat Tresarrieu                 6. Ashley Morris

7. Stefan Nielsen (G) 7. Jason Bunyan (G)

Great pity that a semi-final should be run with so many guests. However given the news from BBC Cumbria that Workington are about to fold, it must be a case of fingers crossed that we actually have a meeting. According to the report, Mr Denham said he sent an email to the BSPA on Monday to find out what the penalty would be for ending participation now. 

Let's hope they can see things out, at least until the end of season.

A few of the Workington team have quite a liking for Foxhall as they proved earlier in the season , but then again most visiting teams have this year .

Subject to no last minute withdrawal from all competitions they will pose a great threat to the Witches and as they don't appear to have lost at home as yet a decent lead would be required for the 2nd leg .

Worky have themselves been decimated by injury and the choice of guests is interesting .

The result of this meeting as I've said many times before will depend on which Witches actually turn up on the night !

According to the Witches website line - ups as follows:

Ipswich. Workington.

1. Leigh Lanham 1. Richard Lawson ©

2. Dakota North 2. R/R

3. Taylor Poole 3. Rene Bach

4. Morten Risager 4. Ashley Birks (G)

5. Rohan Tungate 5. Ricky Wells (G)

6. Mat Tresarrieu 6. Ashley Morris

7. Stefan Nielsen (G) 7. Jason Bunyan (G)

Great pity that a semi-final should be run with so many guests. However given the news from BBC Cumbria that Workington are about to fold, it must be a case of fingers crossed that we actually have a meeting. According to the report, Mr Denham said he sent an email to the BSPA on Monday to find out what the penalty would be for ending participation now.

Let's hope they can see things out, at least until the end of season.

Well after today Pere I would just love to see this meeting go ahead at least it might give us hope that Worky can continue to end of the season , at this moment I'm not fussed on the score so long as its actually running , I'l be back on Thursday to have another look , fingers,toes,legs evrything crossed :neutral:

Well after today Pere I would just love to see this meeting go ahead at least it might give us hope that Worky can continue to end of the season , at this moment I'm not fussed on the score so long as its actually running , I'l be back on Thursday to have another look , fingers,toes,legs evrything crossed :neutral:

Everything ? :P

Just hope this match goes on & Worky keep going....and also Witches win!!

i agree with you apart from the winning team lol

lets hope workington can hold ipswich close so it makes it harder for the bspa to let denham pull the plug before the end of season

Now Witches are out of the play offs, it would be a good time to let Jacobs get some PL experience if he is to progress.

Now Witches are out of the play offs, it would be a good time to let Jacobs get some PL experience if he is to progress.

It would be if this was a pointless league meeting, but as it's cup S/F we've got to go with our strongest possible side. Hopefully one of our lads will be able to beat Rene this time, i dont think we've managed to do this so far this season.

A few of the Workington team have quite a liking for Foxhall as they proved earlier in the season , but then again most visiting teams have this year .

Subject to no last minute withdrawal from all competitions they will pose a great threat to the Witches and as they don't appear to have lost at home as yet a decent lead would be required for the 2nd leg .

Worky have themselves been decimated by injury and the choice of guests is interesting .

The result of this meeting as I've said many times before will depend on which Witches actually turn up on the night !

In what way is the choice of guests interesting?

Any news if this is definetly on? If so I need to book the night off work, don't want to do that if it ends up being cancelled!

Weather depending Jules, this will be on as the penalties to Denham if it doesn't, will make it happen. Let's hope it gets a massive gate to demonstrate fans support.

In what way is the choice of guests interesting?

Ricky Wells quite likes Foxhall but does like falling off without being touched and getting other riders excluded in the process !

And Bunyan is just plain wreckless so I think at least 2 of the 3 guests are interesting choices !

Ricky Wells quite likes Foxhall but does like falling off without being touched and getting other riders excluded in the process !

And Bunyan is just plain wreckless so I think at least 2 of the 3 guests are interesting choices !

Re Wells - I'm sure he doesn't only do it at ipswich - does he?

Re Bunyan - But he's a GP rider so he can't be that reckless - can he?

What about Birks?