British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pere Ubon

Ipswich V. Workington Lc S/f 20/9

As much to do with Lawson's score at Ipswich. What is a one-of score suppoed to prove?

Funny how the little camp mascot has his low scores passed off as "a low average for next year". His scores have been at best on a par with the "unacceptably low" scores of Doolan, whose upturn would probably have made the difference between making the Play Offs & whatever the Remedial Post Season is called.

The little camp mascot as you put it is of course the Aussie U21 champ and therefore the future.

He is back from an injury that should by rights have seen his season written off and therefore struggles and low scores were expected.

Scores like last night are a bonus.The track was dry and relatively slick which suits Tay's current physical capabilities.

Doolan's low scores were answered with excuses - Tay's are down to a reason.

The play offs were a matmatical hope only when the change was made in reality so a more long term view taken it seems.

Heres hoping for 2 cup finals and at least 1 trophy to prove the choice to have been the right one.

• Like 1

From where I was the ref got all 3 line calls wrong and a little more too! Surprised it wasn't a Mrs! :icon_smile_clown:

Heat 3 1st attempt was an all 4 back. The 2nd attempt should have seen Poole excluded.

Heat 4 - Nielsen and Wells had a big coming together down the back straight, looked as though Nielsen had both hands off the handlebars!

Heat 5 - Birks wide off last corner and Poole seemed to just get the victory

Heat 6 - Morris fell on own in 1st corner but all 4 back, looked as though it was a bike problem that caused fall.

Heat 7 - Tungate passed by both Comets, but tried and failed, ref gave him 2nd as though making up for heat 5!

Heat 13 - Close race with Lanham looking to have beaten Wells, celebrated but given 3rd.

Might sound bias but as Bruv said evened up in the end!

I agree Taylor was very lucky to be back in the second rerun of heat three. Looked to me Morris got a knock going into first turn, so expected all four back.

I sit right on the start line and the ref got the two line calls spot on. Tungate passed Birks right on the line, but sadly Lanham just left it too late and passed just after the finishing line.

I agree Taylor was very lucky to be back in the second rerun of heat three. Looked to me Morris got a knock going into first turn, so expected all four back.

I sit right on the start line and the ref got the two line calls spot on. Tungate passed Birks right on the line, but sadly Lanham just left it too late and passed just after the finishing line.

Thanks for that.

Just goes to show how deceptive not being exactly in line can be! (and how difficult the refs job can be)

As much to do with Lawson's score at Ipswich. What is a one-of score suppoed to prove?

Funny how the little camp mascot has his low scores passed off as "a low average for next year". His scores have been at best on a par with the "unacceptably low" scores of Doolan, whose upturn would probably have made the difference between making the Play Offs & whatever the Remedial Post Season is called.

Only a fool would expect Taylor to come back and start hitting big scores straight away, he suffered a bad break in his arm and was thrown in at No.1 due to the way the averages dictate team structure, he was never going to score well under those condtions and as a result I'm sure his confidence suffered. I would say that bringing him back when nobody else in the team had a higher average was a mistake and should of been left until someone was over 6.90 but that didn't happen.

But last night was encouraging to see the old Taylor Poole back to doing what we know he can, he is the Australian u21 champion don't forget - he's more than "a mascot" as you keep disrespectfully calling him - yes he's popular with the fans, but since when did that become a bad thing in speedway?

I'm pretty sure there is more than meets the eye to the Doolan thing, he's hinted as such in the Speedway Star recently about how he now feels wanted and how he should sever some ties, now I don't know for sure what went on but whatever the problem was it was reflecting in his scores and performance on track.

Poole last night was determined and personally i was quite surprised that he kept the throttle on in heat 3 to be the meat in a Comets sandwich in the first place. Many others would have backed off. Ipswich were on a bit of a hiding regarding Poole/Doolan, as they damned if they did damned if they didn't. Keep Doolan, and Poole rode well for someone else and supporters would have been saying told you so. Bring back Poole and people are saying that Doolan should have been kept.

Since returning Poole has ridden in 13 matches, 52 pts 51 rides so ave of 4.07 but 6 of those meetings have been at number 1.

Doolan's last 5 meetings for Ipswich gained average of 4.60.....

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut