British Speedway Forum

The BSPA shoot themselves in the foot again - it seems its ok to take a rider for a third season on loan when a rider doesn't want to return to his parent club (NKI) but not for a second season because a rider doesn't want to return to his parent club (Batch) - what a crock! Total lack of consistency!

If you read the Peterborough press release it states that According to the BSPA rules, a rider reverts to his parent club at the end of a loan agreement therefore Neils having been on loan at KL for two seasons is irrelevant.

Therefore a Parent club can ask for a purchase or loan, whichever it decides after any period, even for the first year, and from what they state the third year comments from Coventry appear to be just the result of a previous decision made by the BSPA where the parent club and the club wishing to use the rider could not agree on if it should be a loan or purchase.

What could happen here is that Swindon goes for two other riders and Hans, Batch and Peterborough all lose out financially if either Peterborough or the arbitration panel make a decision that Swindon are not prepared to run with and Swindon lose out on two riders that want to ride for them.

Post from Hagon just seen while writing this one, and I agree with him unless Peterborough are realistic in their requests and make a decision soon..

Edited by A ORLOV

A total farce how the hell can the corrupt BSPA rule in KL's favour yet force Swindon to buy Batchelor??....is it because they sniff Excalibur can afford to help subsidise any fee I wonder?...personally I say stuff Peterboro refuse to line there pockets spend the backers money on Zagar and Shemak...yes I said Shemak!! No-one left to buy Panthers unwanted assets unless Belle Vue ask Matt for more 'bricks'......

i don't think peterborough would be too concerned about not getting the miserly loan fee for these two if it came to that. Swindon would be the far worse off in that situation Edited by Sully
  • Like 1

Did not P'boro buy Troy from Swindon ? Why should Swindon not buy him if they want him back. You made Doyle an asset and your not even using him this year. Good luck with getting Zagar.

i don't think peterborough would be too concerned about not getting the miserly loan fee for these two if it came to that. Swindon would be the far worse off in that situation

Liking your own post - now that's a new one on me!

I would be quite happy for Swindon to look elsewhere rather than line the pockets of a club that is more concerned about themselves than their riders and British Speedway!

I would be quite happy for Swindon to look elsewhere rather than line the pockets of a club that is more concerned about themselves than their riders and British Speedway!

Totally agree if we don't get Hans or Batch for whatever reason try and get someone else.Peterbough are a joke! They don't give too s..s about British speedway as a whole! I new speedway was a joke as a whole now it seems it is in total disarray.

i forgot Swindon put the interests of

British Speedway before their own. How silly of me.

• Like 1

All this mud slinging is getting rather tiresome!! The thing I find it strange and Peterborough must be smarting in the knowledge, is that Hans, Batch, NKI and MJJ have all turned them down?!?! Why?? You will always get the other commitments stories but with 3 of them that is not the case!! Oh and how long before Kenneth Bjerre joins that group?

MJJ was never going to ride in the UK this year, like THJ, he has no interest in it. The other 3 know KJB will always be first choice with Mr Frost. Dont forget, Frost sponsors Bjerre on an individual basis. The asset system is to blame here, it is unworkable in the present economical situation.

i forgot Swindon put the interests of

British Speedway before their own. How silly of me.

Well they didn't try and end EL speedway 2 years ago - like certain promoters!! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

MJJ was never going to ride in the UK this year, like THJ, he has no interest in it. The other 3 know KJB will always be first choice with Mr Frost. Dont forget, Frost sponsors Bjerre on an individual basis. The asset system is to blame here, it is unworkable in the present economical situation.

Why if Kenneth is first choice have they offered Hans terms then?.

So that they can say he was in their plans (when he clearly wasn't) and try and force a sale elsewhere :rolleyes:

• Like 1

The asset system is to blame here, it is unworkable in the present economical situation.

I am glad you pointed that out as some at Peterborough want Swindon to pay more than they have offered.

So that they can say he was in their plans (when he clearly wasn't) and try and force a sale elsewhere :rolleyes:

Then you really have to say that the sport is just killing its self from within.

I've followed speedway for 40 years & still never get suprised with the stupidity of the people who make the rules.

I would say a ruling of how many riders are allowed to be in a team on loan though shoud be looked at. :D

They wanted both,the rules changed..

Good to see a reasonable performance from Edward Kennett in America amongst a pretty good line up. I am really looking forward to seeing him in Robins colours this season. I reckon he can comfortably get back to being a 7 point rider.

I think Rosco needs to be careful with the pairings this year (assuming of course we eventually sign Hans and Batch...i have to say the ongoing saga is boring me now). Eddie and Peter Kildermand together for example might be problematic. I would be tempted to put Hans and Eddie together and Batch and Nick Morris.

Any thoughts?

A total farce how the hell can the corrupt BSPA rule in KL's favour yet force Swindon to buy Batchelor??....is it because they sniff Excalibur can afford to help subsidise any fee I wonder?...personally I say stuff Peterboro refuse to line there pockets spend the backers money on Zagar and Shemak...yes I said Shemak!! No-one left to buy Panthers unwanted assets unless Belle Vue ask Matt for more 'bricks'......

Totally agree (not forgetting the Miedzinski farce either)...

Hopefully Swindon and the dogmatic Panthers will come to a reasonable compromise that ensures the return to Blunsdon of Hans & Troy as neither want to ride for the Panthers..

If the demands of PBoro make this an impossibility then 'sod them' and I would go so far as to suggest an away boycott at the EOES as well...