British Speedway Forum

Pointless and childish. Wont change anything.

Couldn't agree with you more & time for the Peterborough promotors to grow up.

Well said & you a Panthers fan as well.

• Like 2

That old nutshell? I got fined £100 for not speaking to Rick or Julie although I had spoken to Trevor Swales who told me I had permission to speak to Hans and Batch. I assumed, wrongly, that he had the authority as he did not tell me otherwise. The fine was for not speaking to a promoter, not for an illegal approach. Ironically, Trevor became a promoter very shortly afterwards..

Did you get permission this year?? :wink:

Did you get permission this year?? :wink:

seems that you have to think and behave like Poole to get things done these days...

• Like 3

Pointless and childish. Wont change anything.

No, end of the day Pboro can only use one more rider in the top 20, either Hans or Bjerre - the other will not have a job therefore is available - Swindon clearly want this resolved as do the riders but the delay is becoming a farce.

End of the day it's the riders who are being messed about by one club, they say they won't prevent their riders from earning a living when clearly this isn't the case.

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 1

No, end of the day Pboro can only use one more rider in the top 20, either Hans or Bjerre - the other will not have a job therefore is available - Swindon clearly want this resolved as do the riders but the delay is becoming a farce.

End of the day it's the riders who are being messed about by one club, they say they won't prevent their riders from earning a living when clearly this isn't the case.

Andersen has allegedly turned down one offer of employment and two contract offers so how is that preventing him earning a living? He's the one saying no!

• Like 2

Andersen has allegedly turned down one offer of employment and two contract offers so how is that preventing him earning a living? He's the one saying no!

But Hans has also said that he feels Pboro's offer was a token gesture & they've made no real attempt to keep him. If he doesn't end up back at Pboro & they are so far refusing Swindon permission then he has no employment. Therefore they are preventing him from joining another club & earning a living in the UK.

• Like 1

But Hans has also said that he feels Pboro's offer was a token gesture & they've made no real attempt to keep him. If he doesn't end up back at Pboro & they are so far refusing Swindon permission then he has no employment. Therefore they are preventing him from joining another club & earning a living in the UK.

Not really,Hans has had offers from other clubs aswell

Providing they are reasonable financial offers and no deal is signed and sealed for Bjerre.

If either of those two points aren't true then if Andersen were to take legal action, then Peterborough would be in a very difficult position, as would the BSPA actually. I've said this before, it's a game of dare. If a rider instigates legal action against a club or the BSPA, how far would either party go before backing out. He who blinks first.

I fully understand Peterborough protecting their financial assets, but due to the incompetence of the BSPA, this remains a grenade waiting to go off in the sport.

I believe Coventry have been totally screwed by the system in recent years, but it appears they are blocking Auty's move to Birmingham. If I was Auty I'd consider sending a letter to Coventry giving them 14 days to either offer him employment for 2013 or allowing him to go on loan to Birmingham. If they don't do either, Auty's should then inform them that his 'asset agreement' will become null and void and he becomes a free agent.

The BSPA need to get their backsides into gear, and quickly. Coventry and Peterborough amongst others must be reasonably protected against their asset investments but surely the BSPA can't walk into the problems that 2014 are likely to bring. Surely. But then again their legal advisers tell them they can't give preferential opportunities to British riders, so I wouldn't rate their advice.

Not really,Hans has had offers from other clubs aswell

What clubs?

We all know that Pboro were trying to sell him to Coventry but I haven't read anywhere that a contract was offered

But he is available on a full transfer, buy him and he is all yours, or maybe you expect us to throw in Troy and KJB on a buy one get two free.

if Andersen were to take legal action, then Peterborough would be in a very difficult position, as would the BSPA actually. I've said this before, it's a game of dare. If a rider instigates legal action against a club or the BSPA, how far would either party go before backing out.

why would panthers be in a difficult position, the so called rider would have to take legal action against the bspa

,IF peterborough have followed the rules set by the bspa

why would panthers be in a difficult position, the so called rider would have to take legal action against the bspa

,IF peterborough have followed the rules set by the bspa

You probably highlight the crux of all of this, the lack of clear rules from the BSPA. The more I hear the more I see that the system appears to be run by long term gentleman's agreements and case by case decisions. The latter especially worries me as the apparent inconsistency probably perversely is an attempt to bring overall balance to all parties but the foundations now appear to be collapsing.

Despite that Peterborough would still need to prove they were offering a fair deal. If (and I'm not accusing here, especially as I have a lot of sympathy for Peterborough's position) the offer wasn't consummate of a number one or the available spot was already contractually agreed with another rider, then Peterborough could not hide behind the BSPA rules. In fact I suspect the BSPA would not back them so as to protect themselves.

The BSPA are the ones who need to get a grip. Is there any rule that forces Swindon to purchase if they want him in the team. If not, then ultimately Peterborough can't stop him riding on loan if they don't sign him themselves.

Whether Hans was offered a contract by Coventry or not is Irrelevant, since they have now signed Kk. The BSPA need to show consistency or become even more of a Joke than they are now, The AM decision last year surely is the benchmark in these disagreements now. Swindon offered AM a contract, he refused so went on Loan, when he should have been purchased going on the BSPA's latest ruling.

• Like 1

Love the way Swindon fans on here are bleating about not being able to sign Andersen and Batchelor, yet just 12 months ago were up in arms about Meidzinski.

Now it's the other way around. They are doing the tapping up but are trying to blame anyone but themselves. Well tough. Peterborough own the riders and if they want to wait until the day before the season starts then though not ideal for anyone, then so be it.

There's no difference between Swindon wanting these two Panthers assets than Poole wanting AM, and look at the fuss Swindon fans kicked up about that. Now the boot is on the other foot and they are the perpetrators they are trying to deflect the blame.

I have nothing against either promotion but see Peterborough as in the right here. So if Swindon want these two riders they should buy them. Job done and everyone should move on

Edited by Steve Shovlar

However the clubs=BSPA and therefore the BSPA=clubs. The clubs have handed the dispute procedure to the management commitee(voted in at the conference).so are we back to the need for an independant rules authority.