British Speedway Forum

Batch was illegaly appraoched, NKI wasn't apparently.

What difference does that make? Miedzinski was illegally approached apparently and Poole were still allowed a loan deal and just got fined,surely if Swindon accepted a fine then they could loan him

• Like 2

That is your opinion - if it is fact - show me where this is stated!

Plenty saw his tweet stating he had done a deal with Swindon.... ;)

It seems to me that the Robins weakness is they have no alternative plan and Peterborough know it, and therefore have little to lose. At worst they still get loan fees...

The impasse is bad for both clubs in terms of attracting sponsorship and fans, and therefore bad for our ailing sport.

Of course come the start of the season the self employed riders could take out a court injunction,both money and bad publicity the sport cannot afford. Sorry but both clubs emerge from this the poorer.

I question what constitutes an illegal approach?

1. Here are terms and a contract for next year

Or

2. Would be interested in riding here next year?

A vast difference, I'm sure Troy, Hans & NKI all had the second, but to me that is not an illegal it's an end of season conversation.

Julie 'pants on fire' lady says "but I find that quite strange given I released Hans on December 21", in that case as far as I know Swindon as his club for the previous season have rights to first dibs on his services, but it is said Coventry were given permission to talk but Swindon refused? surely that's a rule breach?

This is a mess, the BSPA are being totally inconsistent, Swindon are saying nothing and the Peterborough woman is blurting all sorts of guff it seems with little foundation!

I give up, think I'll watch the paint dry!

Two things Harkess and the BSPA are a corrupt joke secondly stick two fingers up at Frosty the NOman and offer them contracts and peterboro a loan and do what Poole did....its so bloody unreal

It seems to me that the Robins weakness is they have no alternative plan and Peterborough know it, and therefore have little to lose. At worst they still get loan fees...

The impasse is bad for both clubs in terms of attracting sponsorship and fans, and therefore bad for our ailing sport.

Of course come the start of the season the self employed riders could take out a court injunction,both money and bad publicity the sport cannot afford. Sorry but both clubs emerge from this the poorer.

Dont wish to nitpic but Swindon have ALL there sponsorship sorted and im pretty sure will go to another plan if needed......;)

• Like 1

So much tosh being written on here...The BSPA would not sanction any loan agreement, they have ruled on Troy already. Matt Fraud has spoken :blink:

• Like 1

Or

It's how 2 is answered that would constitute an illegal approach.

'Yes mate, we'll see about that once I've had a word with your club' is fine but 'ok, how about XXXXquid per whatever, etc' isn't. And hasn't Batch tweeted about a done deal not a month ago so which of those would you guess applies?

By Mark Plummer

Published on Thursday 17 January 2013 13:47

Peterborough Panthers co-owner Julie Mahoney has spoken of her disappointment after the British Speedway Promoters’ Association (BSPA) threw out the city club’s appeal against Niels Kristian Iversen’s loan switch to local rivals King’s Lynn.

Panthers challenged the governing body’s decision to allow their asset to spend a third successive season at the Norfolk Arena as they felt Iversen had been the subject of an illegal approach.

But that claim has now been dismissed with the locally-based Danish racer free to negotiate another temporary stint along the A47.

But Panthers were far happier with a Management Committee decision to uphold a previous ruling that another of their assets, Troy Batchelor, can only leave the club on a full transfer.

Australian ace Batchelor is wanted by reigning Elite League champions Swindon after helping the Wiltshire club to the title while on loan last year, but the Robins are not thought to be willing to buy him.

The situation involving Hans Andersen, who is also wanted by Swindon again after skippering them to league honours, has effectively been put on hold for a month.

Andersen has turned down offers from Panthers bosses to race here next season and Swindon then withdrew a bid to sign him on a full transfer.

Mahoney said: “We are very disappointed with the decision of the Management Committee to not uphold our appeal over King’s Lynn being able to sign Niels on loan.

“We feel there is clear evidence that they made an illegal approach for the rider and that now appears to be going unpunished.

“We are obviously much happier with the ruling on the Troy situation.

“We have always felt that is the right outcome.

“It is difficult to comment too much on Hans as the Management Committee have chosen to revisit that at their next meeting on February 15.

“I’ve been told we have to make up our minds over which rider we want to use at number one but I find that quite strange given I released Hans on December 21 after he had turned down two offers from Peterborough.”

Mahoney stresses she has only been told of the BSPA Management Committee decisions verbally. Written confirmation had not been received late yesterday.

Panthers are widely expected to sign Kenneth Bjerre to lead their new-look team into battle next season.

what is the problem then..... :blink::rolleyes:

bloody muppets

• Like 1

Good news in the Adver re; the new stadium with new youth training facilities. A new stadium would attract more sponsors and fans. Local MP says "We are supportive for 2 reasons. Firstly as we will provide a sustainable and long-term future for the speedway team that,having won the league, is a real jewel of our sporting entertainment".

About time, in a home that hasn't changed much in over 60 years.

Batch was illegaly appraoched, NKI wasn't apparently.

That is your opinion - if it is fact - show me where this is stated!

:t:

What difference does that make? Miedzinski was illegally approached apparently and Poole were still allowed a loan deal and just got fined,surely if Swindon accepted a fine then they could loan him

Seems the goal post change season on season. Oh hang on, more like day by day, club by club, rider by rider.

Swindon should claim Batch is only riding till May and then use the `Poole` rule. :wink:

By Mark Plummer

Published on Thursday 17 January 2013 13:47

Peterborough Panthers co-owner Julie Mahoney has spoken of her disappointment after the British Speedway Promoters’ Association (BSPA) threw out the city club’s appeal against Niels Kristian Iversen’s loan switch to local rivals King’s Lynn.

“I’ve been told we have to make up our minds over which rider we want to use at number one but I find that quite strange given I released Hans on December 21 after he had turned down two offers from Peterborough.”

Mahoney stresses she has only been told of the BSPA Management Committee decisions verbally. Written confirmation had not been received late yesterday.

Panthers are widely expected to sign Kenneth Bjerre to lead their new-look team into battle next season.

what is the problem then..... :blink::rolleyes:

bloody muppets

Just make your minds up instead of holding other teams to ransom. :blink::rolleyes:

• Like 1

Or

A vast difference, I'm sure Troy, Hans & NKI all had the second, but to me that is not an illegal it's an end of season conversation.

Julie 'pants on fire' lady says "but I find that quite strange given I released Hans on December 21", in that case as far as I know Swindon as his club for the previous season have rights to first dibs on his services, but it is said Coventry were given permission to talk but Swindon refused? surely that's a rule breach?

This is a mess, the BSPA are being totally inconsistent, Swindon are saying nothing and the Peterborough woman is blurting all sorts of guff it seems with little foundation!

I give up, think I'll watch the paint dry!

ignoring the pathetic derogatory comments regarding Julie Mahoney how is she saying things with no foundation. All she has done to date is report what she has been told by the BSPA. if Swindon hadnt done a deal with Batch and if batch had kept his mouth shut the decision most likely would have gone the other way. If you can afford him, buy him, if not find another rider you can afford.
  • Like 2

Good news in the Adver re; the new stadium with new youth training facilities. A new stadium would attract more sponsors and fans. Local MP says "We are supportive for 2 reasons. Firstly as we will provide a sustainable and long-term future for the speedway team that,having won the league, is a real jewel of our sporting entertainment".

It doesn't actually say that though, does it? All it says is that a house-builder has been engaged "to bring forward the first phase of housing". So houses first, stadium, um, well, maybe, in the future.

Doesn't really matter. We can race at the County Ground next season as Swindon Town will be in the Blue Square Premier league.

Why do you keep thinking it's good news ? i still have my doubts that the new staduim will be built with the new houses ,your Showing far to much trust and faith in people plenty can still on to stop the staduim being build .

To me this is the biggest danger to the club in 60 years .

It doesn't actually say that though, does it? All it says is that a house-builder has been engaged "to bring forward the first phase of housing". So houses first, stadium, um, well, maybe, in the future.

Doesn't really matter. We can race at the County Ground next season as Swindon Town will be in the Blue Square Premier league.

Dont talk so bloody daft, the County Ground pitch perimeter is the wrong shape for speedway(the corners are at right-angles meaning a danger for bikes entering the corner at 70 m.p.h.) :drink: