Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Yeah if you read it properly I said it was a little high and didn't think it would be the exact team, either way we won't know until the final averages come out at the end of october

1. Schlein

2. Doyle

3. Zengota

4. Janowski

5. Kildemand

6. Grajczonek/Ingalls

7. Morris

Oh dear! Sorry don't like the look of that team at all. Wouldn't have Rory, Magic or Josh/Kenny.

Doyleys average will be too high for him to double up next year orlovski. Looks like we will need to sign him from poole full time. As it stands, the present side are averaging around 46 points a match. So my team will be based on around 41 points per meeting. I'm guessing this will be where the scb will base the average. Anyway, my team for 2013. 1. Hans. 2. Steady. 3. Pk. 4. The kid. 5. Doyley. 6. Frank. 7. Seb or lasse. This team has some continuity which I prefer. Sure we have lost batch, but somebody has to go. Improvements expected from stead (who will no doubt be doubling up) pk, nick, and possibly doyley. Frank and seb\lasse to be decent reserves I reckon. How's that guys?

I have to agree with you there ER - go with the core of this year's team minus Batch (only because his average won't fit). My biggest concern though is where enough improvement would come from to win the league - we can't rely on Steady for that. A solid looking side though - I would also consider having Zengi back as I think there is improvement in his average (as an alternative to Doyle?)

You don't want him then ;) how about Morris from Glasgow.

As Pooe have shown this year, a rider doesn't need to be an asset to ride for a team - they will ride wherever they want regardless. As a result of this I think the asset system is untenable - so why would anyone want to "buy" a rider in the current climate?

Incidentally, how much did Glasgow pay for Morris? Swindon should pay the same (nothing!!)

No Poles please, we're British! I would suggest that a little bit of illegal approaching is the way to go, after all, fraud got away with it, and it seems that the cheats will prosper once again.

• Like 1

Ok shocks (sensible forum poster) what's your team?

Havent really thought about it much ER my friend but one thing i do know for certain i wouldnt touch Janowski at any cost

But once i do i will inform you all of my decision......lol

Think you will still see rider purchases. I dont know the ins and outs of Adrian affair, but im pretty sure i read somewhere that Poole offered Swindon transfer money but was for a 5-6 point rider valuation?? He was always going to be higher than that there is no doubt. But maybe just maybe the Swindon managment should have taken the money on offer? as now they have an asset who has an 8+ average. I guess Gary was waiting out to see what the panel was going to say, as it could have easily been Poole had to pay.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole

Think you will still see rider purchases. I dont know the ins and outs of Adrian affair, but im pretty sure i read somewhere that Poole offered Swindon transfer money but was for a 5-6 point rider valuation?? He was always going to be higher than that there is no doubt. But maybe just maybe the Swindon managment should have taken the money on offer? as now they have an asset who has an 8+ average. I guess Gary was waiting out to see what the panel was going to say, as it could have easily been Poole had to pay.

Would that be a similar 5-6 point rider valuation that they paid for Darcy Ward who joined on a 4.56 average? If so then I'm sure it would have been accepted :)

As far as im aware Poole paid £38,000 for Darcy. Based on the fact he was 17 at the time and was commited to Britain. Adrian on the other hand could not promise more than 1 season which i would imagine reflected in the money offered?

We were never offered anything.

We were never offered anything.

That's not true Patch and you know it. Both you and Rosco were offered one of Middlo's "Poole Tourism" T shirts and two bricks at the new super duper national speedway stadium. Uncle Matt isn't to blame if you can't spot a good deal when you're offered one.

Edited by home straight
  • Like 3

1. Schlein

2. Doyle

3. Zengota

4. Janowski

5. Kildemand

6. Grajczonek/Ingalls

7. Morris

1. Schlein

2. Doyle

3. Zengota

4. Janowski

5. Kildemand

6. Grajczonek/Ingalls

7. Morris

Wooden spoon

That's not true Patch and you know it. Both you and Rosco were offered one of Middlo's "Poole Tourism" T shirts and two bricks at the new super duper national speedway stadium. Uncle Matt isn't to blame if you can't spot a good deal when you're offered one.

He's worth at least double that

Wooden spoon

Twice in one year? ;)

He's worth at least double that

It's a buyers market ;)

Edited by home straight