British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Workington 24th September Ko Cup 1st Leg

This fixture falls on my birthday and I expect a gift so go on Diamonds give me a present.

I can name the likely Newcastle side

Stuart Robson

Richie Worrall R/R

Mark Lemon

Christian Henry

Ludvig Lindgren

? Paul Starke ?

Claes Nedermark

Can someone name the Workington team and confirm Paul Starke at number 6 for the Diamonds.

I sincerely hope that someone comes in to save the comets from closing. The north has a great fan base. Workington, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Berwick, Newcastle and Redcar all operating. If Workington cannot continue it will be a very sad day for the rest of us.

Edited by dantodan
  • Like 1

could be lawson

r/r

bach

(g)

(g)

morris

howarth, could return .off bspe w/site.

Very sad if we cannot see the full strength comets and with guests you cannot really forecast a result. I am always confident that the diamonds will win and I think we are well capable of winning over two legs. I always am happy to watch Rene Bach. He was great with the diamonds. I am happy to let him top score for the comets as long as he doesn't put us out of the cup. Would love to see him back in our team for 2013

How likely are Workington to close down?? What a shame if it happens but we have first claim on Rene

Edited by dantodan

Paul Starke guests for Newcastle (source 'Speedway Star').

last time we met at Brough there were many fallers Howarth being one. Newcastles track is fine imo. I just want to see two well balanced sides giving it all on a good race track.

Can anyone say what Workingtons 1-7 will be

last time we met at Brough there were many fallers Howarth being one. Newcastles track is fine imo. I just want to see two well balanced sides giving it all on a good race track.

Can anyone say what Workingtons 1-7 will be

I have a song ringing in my ears goes a little like "Should I stay or should I go now" :wink: .

I would think more than likely we will have Tero and Kyle back from injury a guest for Adam and r/r for Kenny not sure if r/r will be at 2 or 4.

I won't go there regarding the track last time Comets were in town :blink: , but I had family who are Comets fans over for the Plymouth match and they couldn't believe how smooth the track looked and how much safer it looked to ride so lets just see if its the same this coming Monday when Workington come back over. Feel the same as you two sides giving their all on a decent racing track not alot to ask. Will I venture over, mmmm said I would never step foot back in there, my heart says yes but my head says no !!

We haven't gone yet and we are fighting all the way to keep speedway, so no you can't have Rene back :lol::t: haha

Ah DavidJ

You will miss a treat if you stay away. Our track is fine. You shouldn't believe what you read on this forum about Rough Park. If it was as bad as what some posters say I would have quit supporting the team long ago. The track will be good on monday as it is most weeks. I always expect good racing and usually I am not disappointed.

the last meeting between our sides was like nothing I have seen before or since re the fallers. So come over to Tyneside and enjoy a good meeting

Still want Rene BACK BACK

• Like 1

Ah DavidJ

You will miss a treat if you stay away. Our track is fine. You shouldn't believe what you read on this forum about Rough Park. If it was as bad as what some posters say I would have quit supporting the team long ago. The track will be good on monday as it is most weeks. I always expect good racing and usually I am not disappointed.

the last meeting between our sides was like nothing I have seen before or since re the fallers. So come over to Tyneside and enjoy a good meeting

Still want Rene BACK BACK

Well soon as the text came to go on the bus , I though about it for .........1 minute and now my names on it :D , I'l regret it I know but what the hell its been a tough week here at Worky and the lads need all the support they can get so looks like I'l be there

Boxing gloves are on for Rene, we will have to fight over that one :lol: haha !!! :wink:

• Like 1

Well soon as the text came to go on the bus , I though about it for .........1 minute and now my names on it :D , I'l regret it I know but what the hell its been a tough week here at Worky and the lads need all the support they can get so looks like I'l be there

Boxing gloves are on for Rene, we will have to fight over that one :lol: haha !!! :wink:

Your barred!! :)
  • Like 2

You will be pleased to know that we may be bringing a bus across on Monday, containing Davidj :lol:

• Like 2

You will be pleased to know that we may be bringing a bus across on Monday, containing Davidj :lol:

She needs containing :)....nar seriously good to hear the fans getting behind the team.

• Like 2

She needs containing :)....nar seriously good to hear the fans getting behind the team.

Well no one's managed to do it yet!!

• Like 1

As a conductress, she'll punch ya ticket, arson.

• Like 2

As a conductress, she'll punch ya ticket, arson.

I've knitted her some mittens so we can't see how many fingers she holds up this time!!!

I blame the Jesus juice for her behaviour last time lol :)

• Like 2