British Speedway Forum
Rob S.

Rye House V Edinburgh Pl 22/09 (6pm).

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Talking of pie & mash and mouthfulls... New season starts tomorrow :P

http://www.pie-n-mash.com/

Dammit man, please stop, I cannot take it much longer, I'm shaking and shivering, cold and sweaty. I am a Cockney born and bred but now living in Nottinghamshire 150miles from the nearest Pie 'n' mash shop. The sight of God's Own food everytime I read one of your posts is too much for me to bear. Aaarrgh!

A great nights racing again, Rye a totally different side with Garrity and Kasper at reserve (oh why we didnt use guests for the last few weeks like Toft and Wilkinson)

Doyle - seen him more dominent but not a failure and still suprised he even rides for us after last year.

Mellgren - complete rubbish so no need for any other team to sign him for next season - Man of the Match

Lambert - did better than expected but there lies the problem I simply dont expect much, loads of effort not suited to Rye

Bunyan - getting back (although not completely) to what he was and I suspect the season will finish too quickly for him

Kasper - Will never be called a "gating tart" hard first bend will allow him to score points and will be a big reserve but oh that gating

Garrity - Another big night got an armchair syle like leigh Adams and is fearless, should be the next big thing for the Rockets

Edinburgh or should I say Redcar were very competitive to start with although they ran out of steam, was impressed with Pijper and Tully sometimes although sad to see Wethers so toothless

First time for a very long time that i have enjoyed a double header at Rye. nought to do with the wins but how well both meetings were run. Have been used to five hour epics but three and a half hours plus a few minutes was pretty good.

You can only beat whats in front of you and nice to finish with a win. Whilst i agree its more meetings to watch cant say i relish another trip to Ipswich or watching them at Rye again, just too much.

Not sure why doyle would have a problem with Len. Len named him as a temporary signing and doyle signed that contract, Len stayed loyal to his original team and doyle moved on. Cant understand why doyle wouldnt take guest meetings at rye, extra bucks for which he has been paid and he certainly piled up the points with plenty of effort

Lambert still looks uncomfortable on the rye track but still a good performance, garrity the one shining star this season,

Mellgren steady, lykke getting a nice average for next season and looked happier at reserve, bunyan remains for me disappointing and doyle again what a number one should be like and i would swallow my gripes about him last year and say yes please for 2013

Doolan again looked good as did Tully, but nothing really from the monarchs

Thought the raiders were going to blow it keep throwing points away but came good in the end

All things being equal a good night out worth the sixteen quid

Edited by westhamboy66

Really enjoyed last nights meeting, not a bad performer in the Rockets side last night, so credit where credit is due. Lambert had a good meeting as was always there or there abouts in his races, not flapping about at the back.

Rumours around the track that Doolan will be a Rocket next year, wouldn't be too upset to see him if averages work at No 3 ? Im no expert on averages but basis of team could be -

1. ??????... Doylee (please), Chaz ?

2. Nelson

3. Doolan

4. ??????...

5. Mellgren

6. Kasper

7. Garrity

Have to say that with Garrity back there seems to be more zest and hope in the side.

Well done all. Looking forward to next year.

Considering there was nothing riding on the outcome it was pretty competitive. Couldn't see a weak link in the side and it was said that one day the side would come together and hammer someone. Well, it came 5 months too late, but better late than never.

Jason Garrity made a huge difference, love watching him ride and what a character. On the way to becoming a Rye House legend.

Happy to see Simon Lambert in the points at last, but he still looks uncomfortable around Rye House with that body frame and awkward style.

Anders looking good for a huge 2013, hopefully as a Rocket. Even Jason Bunyan has found some form at last.

Kasper still slow off the gate, but a couple of hard rides put him in the points.

Jason Doyle is always a welcome guest at Hoddesdon, never disappoints.

I too heard rumours of Kevin Doolan at Rye House next year. Would be an excellent second heat leader and in my opinion the perfect man to replace Neathy as team captain. We still need a number one though.

I thought the track was excellent, the best I've seen it this year.

Couldn't fail to notice Marcus Helfer taking a ride down the old dog track after going under the 4th bend fence. Very dangerous!

Some good racing tonight Though i thought three of Edinborough,s side flattered us a little,, they were useless... Despite an improved score tonight, still think Lambert was a bad signing and will not be here next season .. Garrity is pure box office ,,will not be at reserve much longer .Lykke will only get better,,And Melgren looks nailed on next season if he wants it ..Bunyan has done a reasonable job ,,does not win enough races ,,erratic gater,,not my personal cup of tea ?? Hope we dont go with RR for Bowen next season its been a weakness most of this year..Luke is part of the furniture at Rye any way so i guess someone would have to make way when he is ready to return....Would not mind Doyle or Doolan in the side both would make good captains if Chrs Heath does not return......Ben Morley has done well round Rye when called upon and still is open to improvement as is James Sarjeant.. Both will be knocking on the door for a premier place next season especially if new young brit at res rule was brought in hopefully ,,,The big question is Nelson ??????

I think next year will see major cost cutting in the Premier league - teams claim poverty yet Edinburgh had 2 Germans at reserve !!

If a ruling comes in to have 2 National league boys at reserve then Morley and Sarjeant would be fine and ready.

That puts a problem for riders from EU on low average but UK has to come first and its tough on some teams but so what.

• Like 1

As others have said , this was a entertaining meeting and was glad i went.Will be returning to watch more Rye House meetings for sure.Impressed with Jason Garrity and you could see his talent on the track.

Considering there was nothing riding on the outcome it was pretty competitive. Couldn't see a weak link in the side and it was said that one day the side would come together and hammer someone. Well, it came 5 months too late, but better late than never.

Jason Garrity made a huge difference, love watching him ride and what a character. On the way to becoming a Rye House legend.

Happy to see Simon Lambert in the points at last, but he still looks uncomfortable around Rye House with that body frame and awkward style.

Anders looking good for a huge 2013, hopefully as a Rocket. Even Jason Bunyan has found some form at last.

Kasper still slow off the gate, but a couple of hard rides put him in the points.

Jason Doyle is always a welcome guest at Hoddesdon, never disappoints.

I too heard rumours of Kevin Doolan at Rye House next year. Would be an excellent second heat leader and in my opinion the perfect man to replace Neathy as team captain. We still need a number one though.

I thought the track was excellent, the best I've seen it this year.

Couldn't fail to notice Marcus Helfer taking a ride down the old dog track after going under the 4th bend fence. Very dangerous!

Is Neathy definitely not fit for next season? Has he retired?

Is Neathy definitely not fit for next season? Has he retired?

Not as far as I'm aware, but he'll not be fit to start the season.

Really enjoyed last nights meeting, not a bad performer in the Rockets side last night, so credit where credit is due. Lambert had a good meeting as was always there or there abouts in his races, not flapping about at the back.

Rumours around the track that Doolan will be a Rocket next year, wouldn't be too upset to see him if averages work at No 3 ? Im no expert on averages but basis of team could be -

1. ??????... Doylee (please), Chaz ?

2. Nelson

3. Doolan

4. ??????...

5. Mellgren

6. Kasper

7. Garrity

Have to say that with Garrity back there seems to be more zest and hope in the side.

Well done all. Looking forward to next year.

....from what i've heard the fans at Berwick Glasgow Sheffield think thats going to happen and i could name every team in the Premier League with one exception(& hopefully they realise they have a bargaining tool in their hands ) who will want him on that average. I haven't met the guy but stupid as far as i know he isn't and he will be sitting on/by his billabong(whatever Aussies do) and contemplating the offers that will head his way. I could tell you he said its ripper here doesnt mean as he drinks his cider at OTA or consumes a pasty at SBA he is going to be a Rebel or A Devil!!!. And i dont know whether there was any fish left on saturday so i cant answer that question either.

Edited by seanmuffe

DVDs of both meetings are available from T2TV, see the herts mercury site for some action.