British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scaramanga

Workington Saturday 22 9 2012

The deadline for completing PL fixtures towards the Play-offs is Midnight Sat 22 Sept.

You can still run a PL fixture after that, but as someone above says, that would count towards final league position only.

I would guess if the Workington v Berwick fixture isn't run, Worky would be fined for not fulfilling their fixtures.

Agree.

I think you will find that Arthur Cross explained on it here about a couple of weeks ago, that the agreed date for the cutoff had been put back by about a week, in view of the horrendous number of rainoffs. From memory I think it is this weekend (Sunday ?)for fixtures to be included in the league standing, which then decides the picking order for the playoffs. Failure to complete the fixtures by the new date will result in a fine, and all the outstanding fixtures still have to be completed by the end of October. Failure to do that is a very serious offence. The reason why KD will be complying with the BSPA request to finish the season properly is that all his assets will be stripped and operated by the BSPA, and all inside speedway debts will be taken out of his large bond that he is required to lodge with the BSPA incase of happenings like this and also the case of Newport. Any money left over, and monies for the sale of his assets, will of course be paid back to him, minus any fines he has picked up on the way.

I've found this from "Cut off Victims & Thieves"

Members

182 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:41 AM

Final day for Premier League meetings to count towards the play-offs was originally Sunday 16th September with a view to having a quiet week (or any cup meetings) leading up to the PL Riders Championship at Sheffield the following Sunday and then starting the play-offs in the last week of September.

It was agreed at the BSPA's mid-July management committee to extend the cut-off date to include Saturday 22nd September thus giving most clubs an extra week to fit in their home fixtures.

At that time, the two Stnday tracks, Glasgow & Newcastle, didn't mind missing out on the extension due to the PLRC as they hadn't been as rain-affected as everyone else and although the weather's hit them lately (Newcastle had only one meeting & 3 washouts in August), they're both still ok to fit their home dates in.

The big problem is that everyone's scramble to squeeze in their league fixtures means none of the League Cup or Knockout Cup semis have been raced yet and with only 5 teams filling the 8 spaces left in those competitions (Somerset v Newcastle, Workington v Ipswich in the League Cup & Newc-Workgtn, Ipsw-Edinburgh in KO Cup) any rain-offs in those semis are going to be tough to reschedule.

Thanks IronScorpion, that's the Arthur Cross post I was refering to.

Edited by Tsunami

I tend to agree with you ,it was a cut- off date for fixtures that would count towards league position nothing else.I'm sure this has happened before.It just means when the fixture is completed it has no significance to the leagues.

So as a further league meeting with Berwick wont y change the play off's.we have until the end of October to complete the PL fixture?

Ps

It was already altered from original date given, due to poor summer weather causing cancellations.

The deadline for completing PL fixtures towards the Play-offs is Midnight Sat 22 Sept.

There was no written deadline in the rules???

You can still run a PL fixture after that, but as someone above says, that would count towards final league position only.

I would guess if the Workington v Berwick fixture isn't run, Worky would be fined for not fulfilling their fixtures.

And if its run before the end of October, then no fine applicable?

I think that should read the 22nd September!!!

All PL fixtures need to be completed by 31st October, or later if the season is officially extended.

Yes. As long as it's run before the season is over no fine would be implemented.

It has happened in the past where league fixtures were raced after the deadline for Young Shield qualification and the like.

Edited by The Abbott

Thats how I see it

e.g.

What would happen if Worky v Lie and Rye v Edin were rained off on Sat would they be fined ,I dont think so

Thats how I see it

e.g.

What would happen if Worky v Lie and Rye v Edin were rained off on Sat would they be fined ,I dont think so

maybe they would workington had to run plymouth on the last day of the season last year remember a monday night or they faced a fine plymouth were also told if they didnt turn up they would be finned

maybe they would workington had to run plymouth on the last day of the season last year remember a monday night or they faced a fine plymouth were also told if they didnt turn up they would be finned

No they would'nt, Plymouth last year was an outstanding league meeting and had to be raced.
  • Like 1

From Berwick's club website, quoting promoter Dennis McCleary:

“There is still one other outstanding away league match, which has to be staged over at Derwent Park in Workington, but they are as yet unable to give us a date for this final Premier League match”.

“However, as all speedway fixtures have to be completed by the end of October, we’ll no doubt be learning fairly soon when they can fit us in”