British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Edinburgh V Scunthorpe (play-offs) - Friday, Sept 28th (7.30pm)

And so here we go - the first fixture in Group 2 of the play-offs.

Scunny have Kevin Doolan and R/R to cover for David and the Tommy Gun.

Last time, Scunny won 54-39, despite being without Nick Morris (who was riding for Australia in the Under-21 World Team Cup).

Can the Scorpions sting the Monarchs again, or will the Monarchs strike back?

All the best

Rob

Have to admit my first thought was Missing TJ aswell as David, I cant see the Scorpions doing what they did last time. I had totally forgot that Nick didnt ride last time. I'm much more confident then i was.

Come on the Scorpions.

Its a tough ask to win at Armadale again thats for sure,theres 6 good teams the the play off groups and any of them could go either way

Is there tac rides in the play offs??,this could be the difference between these teams

Is there tac rides in the play offs??,this could be the difference between these teams

Regular PL rules apply, so yes, b/w rides are allowed.

think cookie will be back on friday so will be a cracker hope weather holds out

think cookie will be back on friday so will be a cracker hope weather holds out

Cookie said on Friday night he hoped to be back on Wednesday night for BV so hopefully he comes out ok

belle vue off so cookie didn't get his practise tonight but in better new joszef tabaka is back.

Chops let's hope that Cookie and Wee Joe are 100% fit.

If so you never know...

Given the possibility that Cook & Tabaka will not be fully match fit, and Scunny will be tracking Morris and Doolan this time round, another away win appears to be the likely outcome.

Cant see Scunthorpe winning this again.Edinburgh are possibly favourites to win the group with their returning riders although I think they missed Tabaka more than Cook. Scunny outscored the home reserves 17-2 last time out, if Tabaka is fit he'll score more than that. Cook will add a few more than Grieves did but even a 15pt score last time wouldnt have won it for the home side.

Cant see Doolan getting near Jorgensen's last total although Morris will outscore Wolbert. Birks and Palm Toft will have to repeat their previous scores to give them a chance.

Cant see Scunthorpe winning this again.Edinburgh are possibly favourites to win the group with their returning riders although I think they missed Tabaka more than Cook. Scunny outscored the home reserves 17-2 last time out, if Tabaka is fit he'll score more than that. Cook will add a few more than Grieves did but even a 15pt score last time wouldnt have won it for the home side.

Cant see Doolan getting near Jorgensen's last total although Morris will outscore Wolbert. Birks and Palm Toft will have to repeat their previous scores to give them a chance.

I guess much will depend on the fitness of Cook and Takaba.

Although even they are fit, I fancy Scunny to keep up their winning run and nick this.

All the best

Rob

I guess much will depend on the fitness of Cook and Takaba.

Although even they are fit, I fancy Scunny to keep up their winning run and nick this.

All the best

Rob

Think Edinburgh have enough about them to win this