British Speedway Forum
Pere Ubon

Ipswich Fixtures

Ipswich have announced some fixtures changes. 

Most important is the Edinburgh KOC semi-final, which was scheduled as the 2nd Leg on 18th October, now becomes the first leg on 4th October. 

In the PLCT, Sheffield visit Foxhall this Thursday (27th), and Rye House (again!) on 18th October. 

Ipswich have reserved three dates - Thursday 25th, Saturday 27th, and Wednesday 31st - to cover rain-offs and possible finals. 

The 16 Lapper has now disappeared. 

Most important is the Edinburgh KOC semi-final, which was scheduled as the 2nd Leg on 18th October, now becomes the first leg on 4th October.

In the PLCT, Sheffield visit Foxhall this Thursday (27th), and Rye House (again!) on 18th October.

Ipswich have reserved three dates - Thursday 25th, Saturday 27th, and Wednesday 31st - to cover rain-offs and possible finals.

Well its good to have fixture fillers like the forthcoming PLCT meetings but honestly they are meaningless nothing meetings for the teams who were simply not good enough to make the top 6. It make you wonder where the premier league is going when these meetings have to be arranged to fill the season? Chris Louis when dropping a league said now we will have more meetings to watch but when they are worthless meetings like these, it does not mean much does it? Personally I think the demise of the Witches in the last 2 years is very very sad indeed and poor John Berry must be squirming in his grave, RIP John.

Well its good to have fixture fillers like the forthcoming PLCT meetings but honestly they are meaningless nothing meetings for the teams who were simply not good enough to make the top 6. It make you wonder where the premier league is going when these meetings have to be arranged to fill the season? Chris Louis when dropping a league said now we will have more meetings to watch but when they are worthless meetings like these, it does not mean much does it? Personally I think the demise of the Witches in the last 2 years is very very sad indeed and poor John Berry must be squirming in his grave, RIP John.

Meaningless fixtures maybe, but better than no speedway....the close season is a long one... Be thankful :)

Please tell me how the fixtures and competitions brought up by the BSPA have anything to do with Chris Louis?

Once again bringing John Berry's name in to try and add weight to your side of the argument is distasteful, let the poor man rest in peace!

• Like 1

Will be good to see Rye house again.

And I thought one of the reasons for dropping down a league was so we would not see the same teams.

Yes Rye House YET again so much for those empty comments of not seeing the same teams!!! Whats changed now the Witches have dropped into the inferior premier league? Only the substandard riders we now watch!!!

Meaningless fixtures maybe, but better than no speedway....the close season is a long one... Be thankful :)

Yes but these were not the promises us fans were made when dropping into the inferior premier league, were they :mad:

Please tell me how the fixtures and competitions brought up by the BSPA have anything to do with Chris Louis?

Once again bringing John Berry's name in to try and add weight to your side of the argument is distasteful, let the poor man rest in peace!

Please tell me are you related to Chris Louis all this idolization is getting very sickening!

I would think John Berry up there with the angels would be proud his name is still linked with the Witches!

The real shame is that the semi-final has been moved, as I was looking forward to seeing a second rather than a first leg.

Still I suppose with the extensive social commitments of the MOANarchs' riders, it was inevitable!!!

The real shame is that the semi-final has been moved, as I was looking forward to seeing a second rather than a first leg.

Still I suppose with the extensive social commitments of the MOANarchs' riders, it was inevitable!!!

....if they hadnt it would have meant no meeting ..........or hastily arranged 16 lapper !!!!

Yes Rye House YET again so much for those empty comments of not seeing the same teams!!! Whats changed now the Witches have dropped into the inferior premier league? Only the substandard riders we now watch!!!

Well you have a choice, if you don't want to see Rye House again don't go, simple!!

Certain people should take a look at other threads on this forum and be thankful that we do not spend beyond our means and are certain (as you can be) of speedway next year at Foxhall.

• Like 5

Well you have a choice, if you don't want to see Rye House again don't go, simple!!

It's going to be a tough choice on October 6th whether to go to see Rye House v Ipswich or stay at home and watch the final GP from Torun. How can they possibly arrange a local derby on that date

It's going to be a tough choice on October 6th whether to go to see Rye House v Ipswich or stay at home and watch the final GP from Torun. How can they possibly arrange a local derby on that date

Or at Portman Rd for the Cardiff game, washed down by the Super League Grand Final.

As far as I'm concerned both Rye House and Torun are well down the pecking order!!

looking forwarf to another 180 pages of ippo rubbish. 170 supplied by mr snacky.

Edited by jenga

Meaningless meetings? More like a meaningless post :rolleyes:

• Like 1

looking forwarf to another 180 pages of ippo rubbish. 170 supplied by mr snacky.

I will keep my fingers crossed that I can look forward to a Workington 2013 thread. Sadly from what I have been told that now appears increasingly unlikely.

Note to Aljack - whatever faults you find with JL & CL, they have put together a team that we can afford, and we will have a team to follow in 2013. I would much rather that that what Workington have done.

• Like 1