British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Berwick V Glasgow Sat 29th Sept 7pm Premier Challenge Trophy

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

I am updating this meeting tonight, If you are able to text updates to the updates site? Could you please leave a message here or send me a pm, and I will confirm details with you.

Thanks Elliot

First of all I'd like to wish Josh & Henning all the best for a speedy recovery , hate seeing guys get hurt , its even worse when it happens in a nothing meeting get well soon guys . Any chance of a decent match ended when on the fist bend of heat 3 , but fair play the 5 remaining Tigers who stuck in and never gave up despite the odds being stacked against them . Hopefully Nicki Barrett has done enough to secure himself a starting berth for next season , it seems that the Seb Alden we all thought we had signed has finally turned up, it was another top class performance tonight even gave James Grieves a start on him and still went past him easily .Micky Dyer put in a decent shift tonight and is another I'd quite like to see back in the black and gold next year but I have a feeling he may end up elsewhere . David and Robin both looked good tonight and took advantage of the oppositions misfortune to " fill their boots " , even Kluas managed to pick up some points so all in all it wasn't that bad a nights work for Berwick . I don't it to be as easy at Ashfield on Sunday afternoon great choice of in " Flyin Ryan " as guest by Glasgow will make it a lot tougher .

A generally poor and lacklustre meeting last night,sadly any chance of it being a decent meeting ended when Bager and Grajczonek crashed in the first turn of Ht3,both having to withdraw from the meeting.Hopefully both with be back asap but it looks like both have suffered broken bones which will almost certainly end their season.

Alden cruised to a fine maximum.and but for a break down in his first ride Dyer may have joined him.For Glasgow,only Sam Masters gave any real resistance though Jade Mudgway have a couple of decent races but all in all not a meeting that will live long in the memory,maybe these end of seasons trophies are such a good idea after all.

Crowd last night was no more than reasonable but it seems that even with the reduced admittance money there still isnt enough supporters coming through the gates to make Berwick Speedway viable.

Edited by screm

Screm I thought the crowd was poor last night and you must wonder if the promotion can carry on loseing money as I'm sure they are.

Perhaps they were banking on the usual decent following coming down from Glasgow. With today's match at Ashfield now rained off that will be four weeks between home meetings for us and any enthusiasm for these end of season matches has all but evapourated, even for a tenner to get in.

• Like 1

Screm I thought the crowd was poor last night and you must wonder if the promotion can carry on loseing money as I'm sure they are.

Certainly well down on a normal Berwick v Glasgow match,biggest fact was there wasnt the usual support from our visitors who normally bring big numbers down.Im sure the promotion cant wait for this season to end,so they can take stock before hopefully moving on to next season.

Certainly well down on a normal Berwick v Glasgow match,biggest fact was there wasnt the usual support from our visitors who normally bring big numbers down.Im sure the promotion cant wait for this season to end,so they can take stock before hopefully moving on to next season.

Poor,poor meeting, with a very poor crowd, which it has been for most of this season. The aast two meetings the track preperation had been a lot better,but last night, my feeling was, it had slipped back to that familiar gate and go track, the outside becoming very loose, hence the amount of riders coming off looking for a way around on the outside line.

The decision in the reduced entrance fee really does not make sound financial sense, the idea that the decline in the gate is due to a shortage of money is solely the problem is a nonsense. I fear the main problem started with an unbalanced team at the beginning of the season, combined with bad track preperation for most of season resulted in the fan base becoming disengaged with the support. Whatever the break even crowd is, probably about 700, if you reduce the entry fee by one third then the crowd has to increase by a third to around 900 and they must be paying fans. I doubt that the excersise has worked as the increased crowd has been achieved by under 16s getting in free, resulting in a decrease of income at the gate by one third. in essence the paying crowd remains the same but they pay less and the club is further out of pocket. If I put together a financial package together like this for my employers, I fear I would soon be in the ranks of the unemployed. My advice to the promotion is have a chat to someone who understands finances.

• Like 3

The main reason locals that I know have decided not to go regularly anymore is simply the lack of excitement - They would pay the £14.50 charge every meeting if they believed that they would see some good racing most weeks.

Edited by DeeksYaMahaga

The main reason locals that I know have decided not to go regularly anymore is simply the lack of excitement - They would pay the £14.50 charge every meeting if they believed that they would see some good racing most weeks.

Tend to agree we have had the same criticism levelled at our track and crowds are not what they used to be a recurring problem at some tracks is it any coincidence that Doc Bridgett is once again looking after the track at Ashfield and Danny been let go ?