British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Michael G

Stoke Amateur Meeting Sunday 14th Oct- Results Added, Scorecard To Follow.

The next and final Stoke amateur meeting in 2012 will be Sunday 14th october, starting at 12.00 (gates open 10.00 approx)

The format will be an individual meeting open to everyone with all the normal classes- Open-for the top amateurs around the MDL/ National League level and above , novice - for those beginning who can just about slide a bike, and Inter- for those who are somewhere between the two. There will also be youth classes depending on entries.

The cost for the meeting will be £35 (£25 for under 15s) which includes a day licence if needed, and free to spectators.

As always there will be the café and bar facilities will be in action.

Each rider will be programmed for four rides, with the three highest point’s scorers taking the trophies in each class. Should there be riders in the top three finishing on equal points a run off will decide the final result. There will also be a trophy for the person judged to be the “rider of the meeting” in each of the main classes.

Helmet colours will be required but can be borrowed and dirt deflectors are required for all but the novice class all bikes will need to comply with the 35mm rule for rear tyre to mudgard.

A limited number of hire bikes will be available at a cost of entering the meeting being £130 for 500cc and £100 for 125cc youth. These will only be available to those who have ridden before.

Limited spares, fuel/ oil etc will be available from the track.

The location for the track is; Loomer Road Stadium, Chesterton, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffs, ST5 7LB.

Anyone who wishes to ride is asked to reserve a place by contacting Mike Gittings on 07717 573639 or email mikegittings87@gmail.com I will not be taking deposits but if you book in and fail to turn up without notifiying me you will be blacklisted!

Any other questions please contact me on the above methods. If I am unavailable then please leave a message and I’ll get back to you at the earliest opportunity.

Edited by Michael G

Youth 125 do not require new guards. (everyone else does)

Please note latest time for entry is thursday tea time.

List of riders entered so far is;

Open

Shaun Tedham

Sean Phillips

Gary O'Hare

David Holt

Arron Mogridge

Freddie Owen

Ryan MacDonald

Inter

Trevor Bebbington (tbc)

Emerson Jones

Glyn Edwards

Simon Bence

John Markham

Charles Wallace

Novice

Hayden Ball

Chris Naylor

Wayne Beckett

Gary Owen

Chris Popple

Glen Belcher

Mick Keeling

Karl Carrigan

Chris Simpson

Ian Gill

Youth 250

Mitchell Beckett

Ben Woodhull

Luke Woodhull

Youth 125

Luke Whitehead

Connor Fletcher

Anders Rowe

Youth 500

Sam Ward (if others enter)

Edited by Michael G

Hi can you use a 125 grassbike in youth

Or do they have to been speedway frames

Would be just as 2nd bike

Results from todays meeting-(full report and race by race results to follow)

Open 1. Shaun Tedham 2. Andy Mellish 3. David Holt

Inter 1. Glyn Edwards 2. Emerson Jones 3.Charles Wallace

Novice 1. Hayden Ball 2. Chris Simpson (after run off) 3. Ian Gill

Youth 500 1.Reece Downes 2.Sam Ward

Youth 250 1. Luke Woodhull 2. Ben Woodhull 3. Mitchell Beckett

Youth 125 1.Joe Lawlor 2. Anders Rowe

Full report, racecard and heat by heat results to follow.

Thanks for organising the day, Mike (and big thanks as well to all those great people behind the scenes).

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

If you want to send a truck over, I'll send back the two tons of Loomer Road shale that are baked onto the bike! LOL.

Brilliant job that the people at Stoke, Scunthorpe, Leicester etc do to enable wannabe-ish riders like me the chance to ride their tracks and have fun.

Many thanks.

• Like 2

Hi Mike,

Is the report and scorecard in the pipeline?

If not, is there any chance you could post the times for heats 4 and 11 just so I have a marker for future events.

Cheers!

Hi Mike,

Is the report and scorecard in the pipeline?

If not, is there any chance you could post the times for heats 4 and 11 just so I have a marker for future events.

Cheers!

I think Mike's wedding planning must be taking up too much of his time to do it, lol