British Speedway Forum

It's not hard, in the EL you use your EL average. In the Pl you use your PL average. Anything else is clearly stupid. the only time it would be different is if you don't have a "current" (last 2 seasons) average in a league so it gets converted.

I've never understood why people make it so bloody difficult. And NO, this is not the rules, it's the fans trying t confuse things, again!

Have just searched the web and on 2012 rules "regrettably' LOL 😜 it appears SCB is correct.

Rule 17.2.3 An EL & PL Rider With an established (ie 8 meetings- 4 home & 4 away) EL & PL MA from the previous season (including for doubling up) will use the appropriate average for the appropriate league.

Rule 17.2.4 Where only one EL or PL average has been established the previous season then that is the average used, converted where necessary as per SR17.2.2 for both leagues whether full-time or doubling up

Oh well that was 2012, so it might change in 2013 who knows😃

http://www.scbgb.co.uk/pdf/regulations/2012%20SPEEDWAY%20REGULATIONS.pdf

Edited by hurricanes

The doubling up rule quite frankly has been bought in with too many floors and loop holes in it.

Riders should have ONE average ..... combine their PL scores with their EL scores to get one true average.

It's too easy and plain common sense and then everyone, Promoters, Riders, Fan, Referees and Team Managers would know exactly who fitted in every situation.

I have proposed this for years.

The '2013 Team Decllarations' section of the BSPA website shows Worrall as remaining on a 3.00 (assessed) average - interesting!

The '2013 Team Decllarations' section of the BSPA website shows Worrall as remaining on a 3.00 (assessed) average - interesting!

Worrall needs to do one more official away match before he attains an official average which will be nearer six than his assessed three

Those averages have now been deleted from the BSPA website - strange! ;)

Learn to ride a small track and u can ride any track

If what people are saying about big tracks why was Exeter riders so Crap away from home on small tracks

You never saw Bridger when he was at the East of England Showground with the Panthers then...he was awful, just rode round the white line ignoring the fast lines.

This is my first post on this forum and I thought I would use it to confirm a few points about Lewis Bridger joining Lakeside.

As things currently stand Lewis is likely to make a substantial loss this coming season. Whilst he does have a number of sponsors on board for 2013, he is still desperately looking to attract a major sponsor. Should anyone be aware of any potential sponsors who would like the opportunity of working with Lewis, I know he would be delighted to hear from them. Lewis can be contacted through his website www.lewisbridger.com

Whilst Lewis is being employed by Jon Cook to coach youngsters at the Hagon Academy, Lewis is receiving NO sponsorship this season from Martin Hagon.

There is no doubting that Lewis has underperformed in recent seasons but with the recent birth of his daughter, he has settled down. He recently posted the following on his Official Facebook page.

2013 is the turning point for team Lewis Bridger, I will do my very best to clear any outstanding debts I have with any company/individual throughout the season, I intend to achieve greatness in 2013 there is nothing holding me back I have some amazing people/partners onboard an in all honesty I couldn't do it without them, I have an excellent mechanic for 2013 and one of the best engine tuners in the world looking after my motors what more could a 23yr old British lad want I want 2013 to be a year everyone remembers onwards and upwards thank you all for your support happy new year and let's do this for #RICO #britishpride

Good luck at Lakeside Lewis!

• Like 4

It’s simply a question of economics, Lewis cannot afford to ride in the PL and it will not help him to develop into an internationally acclaimed rider. Ideally he needs to be riding in Poland and I know he is in talks with some clubs there. Expect to see an announcement soon!

Unfortunately Lewis carries a lot of baggage from the past; he has matured greatly and is really trying to approach 2013 as a new start. He is in better physical and mental shape than he has ever been in; he has Ashley Holloway tuning his engines and has also employed a full time mechanic. No one doubts he has the skill and ability; he just needs some sponsorship money behind him to ensure he has the best equipment.

Nothing wrong with Lewis imo the lad has matured much and with new things going on for him this season I think we will see an improvement as he does have the skill and ability to do so.

It's all about equipment on bigger tracks, but the smaller tracks require more skill to ride. As mentioned earlier you need to be able to turn the bike harder, have much better throttle control, and the ability to scrub speed off going into the bends - bring a polish rider over who has never ridden a track smaller than a football pitch and he will struggle.

You just need a flipping fast engine and the know-how to make a bike run quicker in poland.

That's not to say that a polish rider isn't as good as his equivalent Brit riding for Lakeside, it's all about technique.

It's all about equipment on bigger tracks, but the smaller tracks require more skill to ride. As mentioned earlier you need to be able to turn the bike harder, have much better throttle control, and the ability to scrub speed off going into the bends - bring a polish rider over who has never ridden a track smaller than a football pitch and he will struggle.

You just need a flipping fast engine and the know-how to make a bike run quicker in poland.

That's not to say that a polish rider isn't as good as his equivalent Brit riding for Lakeside, it's all about technique.

Its all about drilling the holes in the right places.

Hi Animal

Who has Lewis got tuning his motors this year? Hopefully a major sponsor will step forward and he and the Hammers will have a great season.

VV

Just look at Gollob at the recent Monster Event in the USA for a demonstration.