Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
MrMungo

Ipswich V Sheffield (plct)

Correct!!! Witches could be winners of the best bottom half of the league team!!! Who cares???

Im sure we are all waiting for your match report from last night,surely you cant be one of those who critisize from behind a keyboard and not go to the meetings.

Tweeted by Dakota North when asked why he was not in heat 15 v Sheffield makes you wonder what going on at Ippo

dakota north@dakota_north

@Sudden_sam33 thy couldn't afford to pay me if I got another win.

And you dont think it might have been tongue in cheek. About time Dak started getting maximums, shame it's too late for the League, hopefully he can get another in an important meeting.

As for whats going on at Ippo? Everythings fine ta, unlike over the border at compost corner, not enough meetings, cant compete with the big boys, the only way they'll stay in the dreadfully diluted League is, if the BSPA give them another huge bung.

Could that chip on your shoulder get any bigger? I suggest you stop worrying about us and concentrate on your own team.

Could that chip on your shoulder get any bigger? I suggest you stop worrying about us and concentrate on your own team.

No chip on my shoulder Sir/Madam. But i reckon the Chapmans must be thinking of getting out. They dont want their Stadium empty, if they were back where they belong, there'd be big crowds until the end of the Month, play/offs, cup s/f's-finals. But the place is shut and they aren't earning any money. Doesn't need an accountant or brain surgeon to work out what league they'd be better off in, does it?? And from a purely selfish point of view, i want a Premier league with Ipswich, Kings Lynn and (if it ever happens) Norwich fighting it out for East Anglian supremacy.

I think the Chapmans are currently in a 'quality over quantity' mindset, seeing as they voted for 14 home meetings rather than 18 and opted out of the KOC. Difficult to judge crowd levels this year due to the dire weather and ten rain offs but last season (no rain offs) they were pretty healthy. In my opinion people had got bored of PL racing at Lynn and the move up was what the club needed, don't get me wrong the EL has plenty of issues but at the moment the top divison is the best place for the Stars. There are several NL fixtures to be run so people who want to see speedway can do over the next month. Also, again in my opinion, Mr Warnes' sponsorship levels would fall dramatically without EL exposure.

Clutch problems in his first 2, he told me.

I won't pay too much attention to the asset situation. Riders generally ride for who they want to, not who owns their contract.

Congrats to all 13 riders who all did well in very trying conditions. A decent crowd all things considered - a shade more than I was expecting given its "Egg Cup" status, and the dodgy weather. Impressive display from Ipswich - even with an off night for Tungate, Poole losing out a few times, and Risager suffering from bike issues, they still nearly hit 60.

Good to catch up with LW, WvsH & Badge again.

You too MM, sorry the weather wasn't kinder tho', you looked rather wet at one point ;)