Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
June01

Nicki Or Chris?

Not realy bothered BUT

Nikki please! Love the character, will and even the odd bit of naughtyness! (The GP needs some characters for goodness sake)

For some reason I am going off of Holder a little (No idea why as he is shockingly good and realy does not do much wrong)

Would love Chris H to win but I think Nikki will handle the pressure better and win this one, he's too tough! Chris will win in the next few years barring injury. Whatever happens next week will be edge of the seat stuff. Bring it on.

You say that Chris will win in the next few years barring injury, he'd better make sure it's this year before Darcy gets in!

• Like 1

I'm hoping Holder wins, though if Pedersen wins it'll be some effort considering he was a mile behind earlier in the series.

Wouldn't write Hancock off just yet, watching the golf last night reminded me that in sport anything's possible. It's gonna be gripping viewing Saturday night, bring it on!! :)

Ten points is very little in the GP, especially if Holder and Pedersen don't make it all the way through, so don't dismiss Greg from the equation.

Holder, I reckon, though, as long as he keeps his cool.

All the best

Rob

I'm hoping Holder wins, though if Pedersen wins it'll be some effort considering he was a mile behind earlier in the series.

Wouldn't write Hancock off just yet, watching the golf last night reminded me that in sport anything's possible. It's gonna be gripping viewing Saturday night, bring it on!! :)

Wasn't Holder further back from Nicki? Nicki seems to have been closer for most of the year than Holder.

All the best

Rob

I've really got no idea what you mean.. Do you mean because he has a PERSONALITY and a laid back one at that, that this somehow means you (and others) shouldn't like him...

Speedway is at a crossroads..: well the 'world championship' part of it... I'm astonished that so many want the old guard to just keep going for ever... The sport needs to move on and to me there's no contest. Holder wins and at last, at long last, the SGP can move on; one of Pedersen or Hancock wins, well then the last in the stadium best turn off the lights!

So you must have hated Ivan Mauger and Tony Richardsson winning so many world titles?

To win world title it has to be Chris Holder . Surely there is going to be one race where Nicki is going to clatter into someone and get excluded. Chris also has a two point start. It would be great if they tie and there is a race of. It would be excellent if it was the best of three so gate position would not be such an advantage.

Would prefer Chris to take it. It will be interesting if Nicki is involved in any incident and excluded from a heat.

it might come down to who the other 14 riders want to win.id say holders got more mates in the pits than nicki :wink:

Can't stand Pedersen. Holder Or Herbie for me.

Hopefully Holder or Hancock wins. But Nicki was riding really well in Vojens plus his Polish league form has been superb this season. Should make for a fitting climax.

But I just hope that no-one loses the World title because, of an engine failure.

Pleasanly surprised by the support for Nicki on here.

I know for a fact Nicki desperately wants to win it for Rico. I will have everything crossed on Saturday!

• Like 1

Greg is my first choice.

In the more likely 2 horse race then Chris for me.

If not then I hope all 3 score 0 and Emil goes through the card!

ANYONE BUT NICKI !!!!!

So you must have hated Ivan Mauger and Tony Richardsson winning so many world titles?

To win world title it has to be Chris Holder . Surely there is going to be one race where Nicki is going to clatter into someone and get excluded. Chris also has a two point start. It would be great if they tie and there is a race of. It would be excellent if it was the best of three so gate position would not be such an advantage.

No not the same thing - well certainly not in Mauger's day...

Then we had a proper World Championship where young riders could break through and challenge (egs being of course Peter Collins and Michael Lee).

Funny enough this year finally we have a final GP with it all up for grabs, though in this case the old WF atmosphere is just really shared by two (at a stretch three...) riders...

But, still, an improvement on recent non-events.

Let's see Chris win it and then have to tackle Darcy next year!

For us it's got to be king Nicki all the way