Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
June01

Nicki Or Chris?

No not the same thing - well certainly not in Mauger's day...

Then we had a proper World Championship where young riders could break through and challenge (egs being of course Peter Collins and Michael Lee).

Funny enough this year finally we have a final GP with it all up for grabs, though in this case the old WF atmosphere is just really shared by two (at a stretch three...) riders...

But, still, an improvement on recent non-events.

Let's see Chris win it and then have to tackle Darcy next year!

Parsloes, would it not be great if we could have a world championship like we used to have. Surely thay could still have the GP's as well . This should be run completely by Speedway people and non IMG creaming off all the profits.

It's nor really worth having a bet on who win this years championship until the draw is made of friday.

Pleasanly surprised by the support for Nicki on here.

I know for a fact Nicki desperately wants to win it for Rico. I will have everything crossed on Saturday!

I think he has a lot more support than you think, or is that because Holder is an Aussie and rides for Poole. :D

I know of people who hate him for that very fact. :blink:

I really like them both for different reasons. Who will win, I reckon it will be Nicki...

I'd honestly be happy with either...Bit of fence sitting there, not like me at all :shock:

I think he has a lot more support than you think, or is that because Holder is an Aussie and rides for Poole. :D

I know of people who hate him for that very fact. :blink:

Are there people in Speedway who hate someone for being Australian..?

I've certainly never encountered such a sentiment..!

Crump will lead Holder for 3.999 laps then let him by to win the WC. A lot like Nicki in the SWC. Hopefully not though, Nicki is the best.

Ten points is very little in the GP, especially if Holder and Pedersen don't make it all the way through, so don't dismiss Greg from the equation.

Holder, I reckon, though, as long as he keeps his cool.

All the best

Rob

True, especially if Greg wins his first couple of races & the other two start slowly, pressure could tell...

Wasn't Holder further back from Nicki? Nicki seems to have been closer for most of the year than Holder.

All the best

Rob

You're quite correct Rob, especially pre-Cardiff. I was thinking back to when Nicki was well adrift in mid-season of Greg. Holder has been well adrift on a couple of occasions too.

Just hope its a cliff-hanger whoever wins it & it goes all the way to the final heat. 20/1 with some bookies on Greg to win it, might have a couple of quid on - just in case.

Find it funny that people think Holder plays to cameras (which he does), but equally so does Nikki when a refereeing decision goes against him.

Nicki plays to the cameras a lot more than Holder does.............

RP

People can't seriously be wanting NP to win.

Holder all the way for me, that bloke is class and a breath of fresh air to the GPs.

• Like 1

I too am hoping Holder wins it but for the first time I think Holder is physically starting to crack. This no longer about having a laugh & a good time, it's a job & it's now serious. There were signs in the NordicGP that he found it tough to deal with leading the Championship.

Nicki to knick it but so hope Holder can seal up the nerves and hang in

UNLESS involved with an incident like the one in Malilla, Nicki will rarely do an TV interviews during a GP and that is his prerogative. Holder rarely says no even when knocked about in Gorican.

Don't see how that could be construed as playing to the camera. In fact most of the GP boys are very accommodating when it comes to interviews, Hancock and Crump in particular, but Nicki likes to stay in his own bubble and we know that.

• Like 1

Really hoping to see Holder win on Saturday, a bit surprised to see so many rooting for Nicki, I'm a massive Holder fan and don't really get the negativity towards him! He's spectacular to watch with a great style and to me always comes across as a decent down to earth guy when interviewed don't really get people calling him arrogant and so on, maybe it's an anti Poole thing! I'm an Edinburgh fan just in case people think I'm pro Poole. Chris would be a breath of fresh air as the world champ and I really hope he pulls it off.

• Like 1

I too am hoping Holder wins it but for the first time I think Holder is physically starting to crack. This no longer about having a laugh & a good time, it's a job & it's now serious. There were signs in the NordicGP that he found it tough to deal with leading the Championship.

Nicki to knick it but so hope Holder can seal up the nerves and hang in

The track was not good for racers like Holder IMO.Nicki just stuck too the midtrack slick line and got a shock when MJJ past him on the inside.MJJ rode that line all night with success.

Really hoping to see Holder win on Saturday, a bit surprised to see so many rooting for Nicki, I'm a massive Holder fan and don't really get the negativity towards him! He's spectacular to watch with a great style and to me always comes across as a decent down to earth guy when interviewed don't really get people calling him arrogant and so on, maybe it's an anti Poole thing! I'm an Edinburgh fan just in case people think I'm pro Poole. Chris would be a breath of fresh air as the world champ and I really hope he pulls it off.

Agree with everything, would be brilliant for the sport if Chris wins it and for himself.I think he will do it Pedersen is a world class rider but I've never been a fan.More really because of the way he goes about things his manor and I will be rooting for Holder.If Pedersen wins it credit where it is due but I couldn't rate him anywhere near the likes of Briggs, Olsen,Nielsen.

I really hope it will be Chris Holder and not that entertainer Nicki P.

Remember his antics in the Copenhagen GP, he played his game against holder and came nearly through. Hope that won't happen again in Torun.

Keep my fingers crossed for a new World Champ ¨!