Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Assuming josh auty goes full time elite !

Here goes.

1 morris

2 birks

3 jorgenson

4 bunyan

5 howe

6 toft

7 irving

Just inside points limit i think !!

Cant see Josh going full time EL just yet,im sure he will be in PL next year and hope its at Scunny,,hes the kind of rider id pay to watch and the sport needs more of them

• Like 1

Ive tried hard to get the team I'd like but struggle with the team average of 42.50. Are we sure yet that this is going to be the average for 2013. ? Would love if we could keep the same team!!! no chance I know. Josh and Birksy plus our 2 Danes are favs for my team and of course David. heart breaking to have to let riders go. they have all been brill this year. though I have full confidence in Rob and Richard to aquire the best for us.

The Current Scunthorpe Line-up October Greensheets add up to 45.20

I cant see All 3 of Auty, Howe and Morris been fitted in next year although it would be good if they could. Personally i think Gary needs a year away at a new track (Not Workington)

Auty

R Worrall

Jorgensen

Birks

Howe

Palm Toft

Nielsen/Young/3 Pointer

Would add up to around 42 or just above.

• Like 1

I've been putting names down for a posible 2013 team but with the riders CMA's constantly changing here is my possible team.

D Howe 7.89 CMA unfullfilled hopes in 2012, curtailed by injury & a snip at a lower CMA than at start of season

J Auty 8.09 CMA although moving out of the reserve spot & into No2/No4 @ Birmingham, another year at Scunny will prove the changes made for 2012 were the correct decisions made.

T Jorgensen 6.42 CMA improved rider in 2012 riding both home & away comfortably scoring well. Still room for improvement

A Birks 5.59 CMA improved his average by 1.5 & riding well as a 2nd string

M P Toft 5.21 CMA a dodgy start to the season but a top engine tune has seen the true potential. Still room for improvement.

J Bunyan 5.14 CMA a great choice by Rye House to get Jason back riding again. Confident, fit & likes riding our track. We like him too.

reserve 4.16 CMA remaining. Neilsen snapped up by Ipswich(the money men) Numerous possibilities from present PL resrves to upcoming NL rider.

Any of the 5 pointers could drop to reserve if having a bad spell or the others improve to interchange.

Richie Worrall 5.78 CMA has finished his 2 yr loan spell to Newcastle so could replace any of the 5 pointers meaning 2nd reserve would have to be nearer the 3 pt mark.

Bit early for team guessing but here goes....

D Howe 7.89

R.Hall 6.89

T Jorgensen 6.42

R. Worral 5.78

A Birks 5.59

M P Toft 5.21

C.Wilkinson 4.66

total 42.44

The Current Scunthorpe Line-up October Greensheets add up to 45.20

I cant see All 3 of Auty, Howe and Morris been fitted in next year although it would be good if they could. Personally i think Gary needs a year away at a new track (Not Workington)

Auty

R Worrall

Jorgensen

Birks

Howe

Palm Toft

Nielsen/Young/3 Pointer

Would add up to around 42 or just above.

Hey superstar why didny you just say you agree with me :)

Just spotted your team Eric anyone but Hall

Edited by phillwhitewasmad

Assuming josh auty goes full time elite !

Here goes.

1 morris

2 birks

3 jorgenson

4 bunyan

5 howe

6 toft

7 irving

Just inside points limit i think !!

I'd go with a similar line up with a couple of changes...

Auty 8.09

Birks 5.59

Jorgenson 6.42

Skidmore 6.13 / R.Worral 5.78 / Bunyan 5.14

Howe 7.89

Toft 5.21

Stephan Nielsen 3.0

Averages taken from BSPA website

• Auty has already stated he likes riding both EL & PL as it keeps him sharp. I love watching him ride & he is still developing (on his gating I hope!).

• Birks has had a great season & will get better.

• Jorgy first name on the team sheet.

• Howe, put Scunthorpe speedway back on the map & has been a great servant for the club, will maintain his average at the very least.

• Toft has been in awesome form lately & providing he doesnt try to change engines again! he should go great next season.

• Nielsen, I can see him being the next Richie Worrall. I do think though that he will be nailed on at Ippo even though he's our asset, its on his doorstep.

For the last place;

• Richie Worrall - as Im sure most of the Newcastle fans will attest too, he is just a fantasic racer, I dread to think what his average would have been if he hadnt got injured. Probably prefers Newcastle due to location but who knows what will happen.
  • Skidmore - Generally rides Scunny well, seems settled at Sheffield but may want a change.
  • Bunyan - Has been a great guest for us at the end of the season, think he has taken well to the track.

Would love to see more of the team made up of Scunthorpe assets. Richie Worrall is a must and would love to see Stefan Nielsen back at the EWR (already tied up by the Witches ?).

As much as Wilko and Hall entertain at the EWR they will not be good enough away from home to let us challenge for silverware.

I hope that Rob can move heaven and earth to get Josh Auty and David Howe to return. Josh will be up to him and the result of the AGM next month. Getting Nick Morris back will be very difficult both logistically and also under the points limit.

I would expect both MPT and Jorgy to be back if the status quo of 42.5 pts for team building remains.

If we are looking for a 3-pointer (not Stefan Nielsen) then Tom Young should be first in line.

• Like 1

Had Richie completed the season he may have gone straight to EL.

He was on 9+ for us and 6.5 for Lakeside this season.b

An excellent prospect. If he feels he needs another PL season I can only hope he feels he owes Newcastle for sticking with him last season.

Had Richie completed the season he may have gone straight to EL.

He was on 9+ for us and 6.5 for Lakeside this season.b

An excellent prospect. If he feels he needs another PL season I can only hope he feels he owes Newcastle for sticking with him last season.

I dont think he would ride for Newcastle because he thought he owed them, with that logic he would choose Scunny for bringing him into Speedway BUT I do think Newcastle are favourites for him as I believe he lives local? He could also end up going somewhere completely different if the money is right, for certain the riders decide now & being a Scunthorpe asset may make a slight difference but not much in the whole scheme of things. I would love to see him back at Scunny though :)

Not many of you seem keen on using your own asset GARY IRVING a young lad who gives his all seems strange to me he doesnt enter calculations well worth his 4pt average imo