British Speedway Forum

somerset are hosting the christmas meeting this year, if you want to see speedway there is an amatuer meeting this saturday (8th).

Guest WTF1

somerset are hosting the christmas meeting this year, if you want to see speedway there is an amatuer meeting this saturday (8th).

:unsure: Edited by WTF1

Scunny for me are favourites for the PL , a really good line up no big changes but they are the team to beat.Josh , Howe toft jorgensen BIrks loads of improvement Douglas I think is a class act also I believe at Sheffield koppe will do well the minimum he will be exciting too watch.!

Edited by sidney

I have to agree that they look strong for 2013 but until other teams declare their line-ups it is difficult to make comparisons.

Somerset have just named two good signings and they will score heavily at the top end.

Workington should also go well. Ipswich too.

Ideally - and I say this as a Scunny supporter - there will be plenty of teams who come to the tapes next March with high hopes.

Scunny season starts with the David Howe testimonial on Sunday, March 24th.

Confirmed dates so far:

Sunday March 24th - David Howe testimonial

Friday April 12th - Scunny v Newcastle (Premier Shield)

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

Ryan Douglas scored just one point in the Australian U21 championship recently so let's hope for better things when he arrives in this country or we just might regret letting not only Nick Morris but Stefen Nielsen go to the very strong Somerset side.

See your living up to your name!! and How do you no that Nick didnt want to ride for a southern based team near to where he is based

Edited by montie
  • Like 1

Morris would fit in place of Douglas?

See your living up to your name!! and How do you no that Nick didnt want to ride for a southern based team near to where he is based

That is what the word was he wanted further down south and a less northern based team

Gary Irving has retired.

It's in the news section of Speedway Star site.

Gonna miss u Gary mate, all the best for the future, hope to see about sometime.

Gary Irving has retired.

It's in the news section of Speedway Star site.

That has too be a hammer blow to the Scorpions, looking around there is not many riders out there who could possibly replace him.

That has too be a hammer blow to the Scorpions, looking around there is not many riders out there who could possibly replace him.

Wouldn't Charles Wright fit?

Wouldn't Charles Wright fit?

Had a look and yes he does as does Klaus Jakobsen, but not many others, the only other way to go is by signing one of the Scunthorpe Junior riders.