British Speedway Forum

Good Luck Josh Bates then!!!

He has done a huge ammount of laps at Scunny which will set him in good stead im sure

Bates is definitely worth a shot at PL level. With the possible exception of Adam Ellis, he was the best newcomer I saw last season and improved visibly through out the year.

• Like 1

Its great to see yet another British youngster take the step up.

Hopefully 'the class of 2013' will be a watershed in the hoped for revival as a world force.

• Like 1

Good luck to Josh for 2013 at the EWR.

I'm pleased we are tracking another promising young British rider.

Bring on the new season!

• Like 1

Welcome Josh, to our class of 2013. Signed, probably, due to being on our radar thro' 125's, 250's & now 500's on our track.

Now it's just a matter of riding order but mine would be as in my signature.

Well Done to Scunny giving a young rider a chance.

Rob Godfrey has stated that there is no pressure on the lad which means more pressure on the others to perform/

But the Scunny side looks capable of carrying the lad, and hopefully he can have a season of learning the tracks and picking up the odd point or two.

• Like 1

Not sure what to make of this signing, on the one hand he could be good rider for the future on the other it leaves scunny 1.3 below the points limit and looking a bit suspect at reserve.

I don't really know what to make of it.... Part of me thinks, fantastic signing. Its good that Scunny are prepared to give a young brit the opportunity to fastrack his development. Hopefully it will prove a great move by the club and rider, especially IF he becomes a club asset. I've seen plenty of Josh around Scunny to realise the kids got genuine talent, good people around him and also a huge appetite to practice (and with the EWR at his disposal, no better opportunity to do just that)...all the ingredients are there for him to give it a good go, good luck to the lad.

Slight worry that Scunny will start the season appearing a tad weakened at reserve... but i do believe that given time and bags of practice the reserve duo will come good.

Not sure what to make of this signing, on the one hand he could be good rider for the future on the other it leaves scunny 1.3 below the points limit and looking a bit suspect at reserve.

I think it is a case of waiting and see regarding young Josh, if Douglas hits the ground running and the rest of the team race to their potential then I don't see a problem.

But if Douglas drops his average and Josh is struggling then there is still riders out there who could do a job and replace Josh is they feel the need.

I think if they cannot afford to carry Josh,which maybe they won't have too!.It might tell us that not all the top guys are riding to there potential.Because as a line up god what an exciting one,Scunny now are a force big time. When i last saw them in the late 70s they were a bottom of the table job really exciting days i think for the stags fans.

Edited by sidney

Welcome Josh. Great to see a young Brit given the opportunity. Grab it with both hands lad.

Key to success for the Scorpions is that super-strong top five. If they all fire at the same time then the reserves will not need to do much other than pick off the odd opponent.

However, that luxury of a high-scoring reserve who is able to float around and go into a heat at the manager's choosing will be missed in close meetings.

I'm starting to get that feeling that the season should be starting soon, can't wait.