British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Witches V Monarchs Koc Semi 1st Leg Oct 4th

The should be a hard fought spicy encounter.

Disappointed to see Craig Cook missing again - the choice of guest could decide the overall result Imo.

Witches need at least 12 points lead to feel comfortable defending in the 2nd leg.

This isnt an end of season filler so hope to see a big turnout as weather looks fine.

Witches by 14.

Also a NL guest will be needed for Helfer at no7. Which is Byron Bekker , Not many options for the Monarchs though for Cook..... Redcar v Glasgow, Sheffield v Rye House, and Swindon v Birmingham rules out, Auty, Morris, etc.

I see that Sheffield have reduced admission for the PCT to £10, nice to see Ipswich do the same......

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Could be a very entertaining meeting and also hopefully exciting too. With the season fast drawing to a close riders will be riding for their places next season and that should add an edge to proceedings also. Witches against Sheffield last week looked a more compact team and all pulled together with even Lanham looking like almost a no1. Tungate has seemed to have lost his edge perhaps he is longing for the sun and beaches in oz. Taylor looked more on the pace and is gradually getting his confidence and mixing it into the first bend. Morten is certainly looking more like the rider we first thought he was when he signed. Dak is Dak and always gives 100% and can usually be relied on to score alot of points. Tress at reserve should always score well but has often had off meetings. Nielsen (think he is riding? Im sure someone will tell me if not) at reserve looks a fine prospect and I expect CL to do a deal with Scunthorpe so his services are available next season and who knows could even become at asset. So there you go thats my summerizing of the Witches team at this point of the season and good luck to all the riders taking part and please all stay safe and lets hope for a substantial lead to go into the second leg.

Edited by aljack

1. Leigh Lanham 6.92

2. Morten Risager 6.68

3. Taylor Poole 5.99

4. Dakota North 6.49

5. Rohan Tungate 6.55

6. Mat Tresarrieu 5.84

7. Stefan Nielsen (G)

1. Guest (8.50)

2. Derek Sneddon 5.81

3. Theo Pijper 7.71

4. Matthew Wethers 5.66

5. Andrew Tully 7.01

6. Jozsef Tabaka 4.75

7. Byron Bekker (G)

Witches site was updated on Tuesday. Bspa site news about cook was from today. From what I've heard Edinburgh are struggling to get a guest. Maybe other riders are on holiday? :-)

• Like 2

Could be a very entertaining meeting and also hopefully exciting too. With the season fast drawing to a close riders will be riding for their places next season and that should add an edge to proceedings also. Witches against Sheffield last week looked a more compact team and all pulled together with even Lanham looking like almost a no1. Tungate has seemed to have lost his edge perhaps he is longing for the sun and beaches in oz. Taylor looked more on the pace and is gradually getting his confidence and mixing it into the first bend. Morten is certainly looking more like the rider we first thought he was when he signed. Dak is Dak and always gives 100% and can usually be relied on to score alot of points. Tress at reserve should always score well but has often had off meetings. Nielsen (think he is riding? Im sure someone will tell me if not) at reserve looks a fine prospect and I expect CL to do a deal with Scunthorpe so his services are available next season and who knows could even become at asset. So there you go thats my summerizing of the Witches team at this point of the season and good luck to all the riders taking part and please all stay safe and lets hope for a substantial lead to go into the second leg.

High praise for the boy Lanham............is Aljack mellowing with age?

Witches site was updated on Tuesday. Bspa site news about cook was from today. From what I've heard Edinburgh are struggling to get a guest. Maybe other riders are on holiday? :-)

If Edinburgh have to go with r/r then I think the Witches would be disappointed with a lead of less than 20.

Maybe Monarchs will ask Kev to guest ;;;;;

• Like 1

Can ask all they like, but won't he be riding for his current team Redcar? :wink:

Errr think Bandit59 might have meant Wolbert! :wink:

I dont know much about averages but would Sir Fisher fit ?

Fisher on 8.78, Cook on 8.50, and as no 5% rule anymore no he cannot.

Leaves someone with average under 8.50 from Berwick, Leicester, Newcastle, Plymouth, Scunthorpe, Somerset or Workington.

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

I dont know much about averages but would Sir Fisher fit ?

It will be quite a job for him as he is guesting for Glasgow tonight as is Sam Masters.

Do all teams in the Premier League use guests?

Edited by mickthemuppet