British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Witches V Monarchs Koc Semi 1st Leg Oct 4th

Thats a shame any bets on any riders coming of and not clearing the track ?

Witches 0 Monarchs 1
  • Like 1

......... Gathercole had 2 meetings this year at Foxhall, scoring 7 from 5 and 6 from 4. Doesn't sound too bad but beat his team mate 7 times, Holder, Reade and Glanz. Has 1 good ride a meeting when he gates and beat Lanham and Heeps and then Tungate and Heeps. *Famous last words......*

No, You're safe ............. 7 from 4 this time, with Lanham and Tungate succumbing to his now customary one race win at Foxhall!

The Witches always in control but also just looking like they could throw it all away at any moment!!

Got to be happy with a 20 point lead but it could have been 30. It would take some kind of disaster to lose it from here.

A number of riders struggled on the apex of turns 1&2 - right about where the raker chooses to scrape great clumps of shale off his boots!!

• Like 1

Poor from the Monarchs tonight..very disappointing.A pretty strange choice of guest to be honest though thanks to Cory for his efforts of course:-)Such a shame Cookie was injured last sunday as he would have made a real difference im sure:-(Will Ipswich be naming Tom Daley in the line up for next weeks return at the Dale by the way? ;-)

Poor from the Monarchs tonight..very disappointing.A pretty strange choice of guest to be honest though thanks to Cory for his efforts of course:-)Such a shame Cookie was injured last sunday as he would have made a real difference im sure:-(Will Ipswich be naming Tom Daley in the line up for next weeks return at the Dale by the way? ;-)

I think the riders misheard the team talk - they thought they heard "this is the place to take a dive" rather than "this place is a bit of a dive" :P
  • Like 1

Bends 1&2 appeared a bit unpredictable early on, but after that no problem. Cant be many tracks where you can pass inside and outside all night, good stuff!! Only Taylor had an off night, well done to the other 6, lets hope it's enough, it should be.

A good all-round performance from the Witches apart from Taylor who sadly seems to have lost it at the moment and looks destined to be discarded next season. As has been said the 2nd bend looks to have problems for alot of riders and needs sorting out as riders could get injured and god knows there's been enough of those this season. One very worrying aspect of last nights meeting for CL must be the very poor gate, this was the Witches most important meeting of the season and there looked to be no more than a few hundred there! So CLs talk of going back into the elite league :D in the future better come sooner rather than later otherwise the fan base will have nearly disappeared :mad:

A good all-round performance from the Witches apart from Taylor who sadly seems to have lost it at the moment and looks destined to be discarded next season. As has been said the 2nd bend looks to have problems for alot of riders and needs sorting out as riders could get injured and god knows there's been enough of those this season. One very worrying aspect of last nights meeting for CL must be the very poor gate, this was the Witches most important meeting of the season and there looked to be no more than a few hundred there! So CLs talk of going back into the elite league :D in the future better come sooner rather than later otherwise the fan base will have nearly disappeared :mad:

I'd take Taylor Poole any day of the week

• Like 1

I'd take Taylor Poole any day of the week

I never said I wouldn't just said it looks like he will get discarded next season as someone has to, to make way for our genuine no1. There's talk of CL also signing Lanham, Matt, Heeps and Nielsen next season and surely Dak and Rohan are certainties so that only leaves club asset Morten and poor Taylor do it not to get discarded?

Edited by aljack

Gathercole was the 16th rider Monarchs asked. Bach would have been the first and he turned up with Tully in the pits, but Edinburgh had been told he was out of the country.

In fact Corey did fine after a bad heat 1. He was pipped in his second race and should have been selected for heat 15.

Tabaka's fall in heat 2 was crucial, he could hardly hang on after that. Edinburgh would have been looking for 20+ from their numbers 1 and 6 but only got 7.

Wethers and Tully were good but the Ipswich fans who post on here are only interested in their own riders.

The tie is far from over.

• Like 1

i paid my annual visit to foxhall last night and was shocked by the size of the crowd. it was so poor i thought i was at hoddesdon!. that aside, i thought it was a decent meeting with some good racing despite the tricky second bend!.

Gathercole was the 16th rider Monarchs asked.

Bet he feels loved if he ever gets to read that! ;)

That much I do agree with. Edinburgh will be a completly different kettle of fish 'round Armadale.

For me, heat 15 was key. A 20 point lead looks a lot more comfortable than say a 14-16 point lead. Over the years, I've seen some huge home wins come at the end of the season, so don't think any chickens should be counted quite yet!

Disappointing crowd. And one I couldn't quite figure out. There was a decent crowd i thought for last week's match when Sheffield were the visitors in the other Cup, but in a KO Cup semi, which I would assume was more important to most, the crowd was very sparse indeed. Or maybe, it was just me.

Bet he feels loved if he ever gets to read that! ;)

That much I do agree with. Edinburgh will be a completly different kettle of fish 'round Armadale.

For me, heat 15 was key. A 20 point lead looks a lot more comfortable than say a 14-16 point lead. Over the years, I've seen some huge home wins come at the end of the season, so don't think any chickens should be counted quite yet!

Disappointing crowd. And one I couldn't quite figure out. There was a decent crowd i thought for last week's match when Sheffield were the visitors in the other Cup, but in a KO Cup semi, which I would assume was more important to most, the crowd was very sparse indeed. Or maybe, it was just me.

One has to wonder if the televised Sky meeting last night had an impact ;) as we too thought the crowd was lowish for this fairly important meeting :sad:

A good meeting with some decent racing !

More than happy with the 20pt lead although could have been more or less with the 2nd bend issues .

As said by others this tie is far from over and if the Monarchs do overturn it they will have earned the place in the final the hard way !

On the crowd front , it was lower than I expected for a semi final ( Must be us southern softies don't like the cold at this time of year ! )

Wethers and Tully were good but the Ipswich fans who post on here are only interested in their own riders.

Edinburgh fans on this forum are like hens teeth so it seemedpretty pointless!!

That said Tully and Wethers were good value.

Gathercole was better than expected.

Sneddon and Pjiper both disappointing but two that could redeem themselves in the return and make life difficult for the Witches.

Bekker picked up his points by staying on when others couldnt! A good trait to have!

Tabaka struggled (understandably)on his first visit and given a nasty tumble.

Hope that satisfies the Monarchs fan.