British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Witches V Monarchs Koc Semi 1st Leg Oct 4th

i paid my annual visit to foxhall last night and was shocked by the size of the crowd. it was so poor i thought i was at hoddesdon!. that aside, i thought it was a decent meeting with some good racing despite the tricky second bend!.

I have made numerous comments about how the crowds have dropped like a stone this season and many have scoffed at that obvious reality. The novelty has worn off of joining the premier league and if CL do not move sharply and rejoin the elite league very soon, I fear for the Witches future!!!

I have made numerous comments about how the crowds have dropped like a stone this season and many have scoffed at that obvious reality. The novelty has worn off of joining the premier league and if CL do not move sharply and rejoin the elite league very soon, I fear for the Witches future!!!

The crowds have dropped like a stone everywhere & not just Ipswich. To be honest it makes no odds what league the club are in people are walking away from the sport. The main problem being crap rules far to expensive to attend.

The crowd wasn't great but you must have a short memory aljack if you can't recall the pitiful attendances when we were struggling in the EL. In my opinion unless we can find a major backer prepared to put enough money in to make us competitive in the EL we are better off where we are. If you watch the EL on Sky you will know that it is hardly the 'elite' anyway.

• Like 1

The crowds have dropped like a stone everywhere & not just Ipswich. To be honest it makes no odds what league the club are in people are walking away from the sport. The main problem being crap rules far to expensive to attend.

very true. :sad:

One has to wonder if the televised Sky meeting last night had an impact ;) as we too thought the crowd was lowish for this fairly important meeting :sad:

Someone has their eye on the ball! ;)

I didn't even realise there was a SKY meeting on. Or didn't care. Or a bit of both. Never even occured to me with it being a Thursday.

That would actually explain a lot. Shame really, as I thought seeing your own team live would be more enjoyable than watching a one-sided match on TV..but appears the folk of Ipswich do not agree!

The crowd wasn't great but you must have a short memory aljack if you can't recall the pitiful attendances when we were struggling in the EL. In my opinion unless we can find a major backer prepared to put enough money in to make us competitive in the EL we are better off where we are. If you watch the EL on Sky you will know that it is hardly the 'elite' anyway.

No I know the crowds dropped alarmingly at the end of our last elite league experience but that was due to a pathetic weak team riding every week for the Witches! Put together a competitive team in the elite then the crowds will roll back as they always do at Ipswich but whatever the team put together by CL in the premier will make no difference. Theres just no interest in watching inferior riders week in week out at foxhall when the top stars can be seen on sky regular at no cost.

Somebody better inform sky tv that you are getting their services for free if you claim you are watching regularly at no cost, most of us pay a monthly fee!!!

• Like 1

Somebody better inform sky tv that you are getting their services for free if you claim you are watching regularly at no cost, most of us pay a monthly fee!!!

It costs me nothing my son I go round a friends to watch it with a lager or 3 ;)

I ain't your son as I'm no sponger!

Bar a handful of riders (Holder, Ward, Lindgren... its a short list) how many 'top stars' ride in this country? The so called inferior riders often produce superior racing. The fact is the promotion doesn't have the money to put out a competitive EL team right now so there is no point moving back up.

Bar a handful of riders (Holder, Ward, Lindgren... its a short list) how many 'top stars' ride in this country? The so called inferior riders often produce superior racing. The fact is the promotion doesn't have the money to put out a competitive EL team right now so there is no point moving back up.

Money from selling Nicholls and King must add up to well over £50,000 !!! Promotion doesn't have the money ??? :blink:

By the way approx 50% of the riders riding in the GP including the World Champion ride in the Superior Elite League :party:

Edited by aljack

Nicholls and King over 50k!!! What planet are you on?!

Even with Nicholls in his prime the amount wouldnt of came near that!!

• Like 1

Money from selling Nicholls and King must add up to well over £50,000 !!! Promotion doesn't have the money ??? :blink:

By the way approx 50% of the riders riding in the GP including the World Champion ride in the Superior Elite League :party:

Approximately 50%? Really?

I must be missing something, as I think 5 out of the top 15 in the final standings this year raced in the UK Elite League, and only 2 of them made the top 8. 5 out of 15 seems some way short of 50%.

Whilst the World Champion did race over here, the next best the UK leagues could offer was 8th.

Approximately 50%? Really?

I must be missing something, as I think 5 out of the top 15 in the final standings this year raced in the UK Elite League, and only 2 of them made the top 8. 5 out of 15 seems some way short of 50%.

Whilst the World Champion did race over here, the next best the UK leagues could offer was 8th.

APPROX!!! good fellow :blink: Iversen, Kasperzak to add thats 44% at least :t:

Nicholls and King over 50k!!! What planet are you on?!

Even with Nicholls in his prime the amount wouldnt of came near that!!

Nicholls transfer fee was £36,000 :t: if you didn't know and surely King was worth more than £14,000 as he is only one of about 5 - 6 British riders worth signing as a heatleader :approve:

It costs me nothing my son I go round a friends to watch it with a lager or 3 ;)

you shoplift the lager???