British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
orderly

Merv Marsh Rip (somerset Speedway)

Saddened to hear of the sudden passing of Merv Marsh, who, for this season has manned the pit’s entrance at Somerset Speedway all this season.

Merv has been involved with Somerset Speedway since day one and has held a number of posts over the years.

My condolences go to his widow and his wider family on this very sad occasion

Rest in peace Merv

I'd just like to add to the sentiments expressed above. I was extremely saddened by the news when I received it yesterday. Merv was one of those who worked behind the scenes at Somerset, summer and winter to ensure that the OTA was in top shape for the seasons ahead, and that speedway continues to thrive in Somerset. He'll be sadly missed, not just for his expertise and experience in consruction and general upkeep of the place, but also for his enthusiasm, and personailty.

My condolences go out to his widow and the rest of his family & friends.

R.I.P. Merv, a top man who will be missed by all.

• Like 1

A top bloke, have known him since somerset opened and he was always good humoured and welcoming. I will miss him at the track.

My condolences to all his family.

R.I.P. Merv

Will miss you mate. when ever i turned up at the gate. i was greeted with a smile .and here comes elmer fludd .your ridding no 9 tonight.. a sad loss too the rebels.. R I P . ...

Sad news indeed. R.I.P. Merv

Just wanted to add my condolences too. Without Merv and the many people like him behind the scenes there just wouldn't be speedway in Somerset.

RIP Merv, a true gentleman.

A true gent. Had he been ill ?? Merv was a tireless worker for the club ..I remember when I was co-promoter at the OTA and had a static caravan put in the pits that I stayed in after the meeting ..with Merv and his merry gang back at the track early on the Saturday morning to pick up the rubbish and tidy up. RIP mate

A true gent. Had he been ill ?? Merv was a tireless worker for the club ..I remember when I was co-promoter at the OTA and had a static caravan put in the pits that I stayed in after the meeting ..with Merv and his merry gang back at the track early on the Saturday morning to pick up the rubbish and tidy up. RIP mate

Sent you a PM mate

These people are the mainstays and backbones of any club, it always very sad when this happens. My sincere condolences go out to Somserset speedway his family and friends. RIP