British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Leicester V Newcastle Play Off Saturday 6th October 2012

Live updates should be available here :- http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/live/

not this time Abbott. No updates via Newcastle website and it is looking unlikely that Speedway Updates forum has a texter.

Just checked again and the Newcastle Site does appear to be covering the match so aopologies if I have misled anyone

Good luck for the lions tonight come you can do it hope all riders race well but all be safe

Looks like newcastles up dates not working

2 points up with 4 races left and didn't even get a point. Obviously losing Henry didn't help (hope he's ok) but same old story for the Diamonds away from home. Just no fire power at all in heat 13 and 15. I would love to know the stats but we must have an awful record in those heats on the road this year.

Needs to be addressed in the winter. We need a number 1 who can win those races on a reasonably consistent basis.

Shame tomorrow is now a dead rubber as far as the Diamonds are concerned as we can't now realistically qualify.

Edited by NJC71
  • Like 1

probably get slaughtered by the loyalists for this but once again i feel we have been let down by the heat leaders. we have had a high scoring reserve all season which should have made the difference if the heat leaders had rode consistently as we know they did last year with all due respect to the opposition we would have walked the league and thats still taking into account the injuries of the worralls, a season that promised so much is ending on a bit of a wimper

probably get slaughtered by the loyalists for this but once again i feel we have been let down by the heat leaders. we have had a high scoring reserve all season which should have made the difference if the heat leaders had rode consistently as we know they did last year with all due respect to the opposition we would have walked the league and thats still taking into account the injuries of the worralls, a season that promised so much is ending on a bit of a wimper

No, you're right.

Well done the Lions.....Bit of a damp squib this is turning into and I agree with others, we needed more from Robbo and Lemo in big meetings and big heats....they both have been a shadow of their former standards this season....age and injurys catching up probably...

Well done the Lions.....Bit of a damp squib this is turning into and I agree with others, we needed more from Robbo and Lemo in big meetings and big heats....they both have been a shadow of their former standards this season....age and injurys catching up probably...

surprised Lemon made heat 15 as i thought his 7 points prior to that flattered him. He didnt look ant better than last time he was at BP.. Not quite as surprised as when Blackbird took his 4th ride but still surprised nontheless!

Mick.

surprised Lemon made heat 15

I have been surprised at a few heat 15's that Lemon has been given..... Wonder if its in his contract

same old same old - heatleaders poor again especially when it matters late in the meeting,

next year i would like to see Bach and a 7 point dane and keep lindgren , ned . worralls henry, and let the 2 old timers go !!

Edited by pablo133
  • Like 2

I can appreciate all you Newcastle fans being upset about the results this weekend at Somerset and Leicester but I think your well out of order criticising Robbo .After the massive injuries he had 2 or 3 years ago to come back and ride a bike let alone be competitive is IMHO nothing short of brilliant . HE has up to now scored 423 pts inc bonus with 24 double figure scores both home and away .Ok I am a personal friend and Iv,e seen first hand those injuries while he was in Cov hospital for over 9 months .You fans have had a crap season with injuries and I have no doubt without the injuries to Richie and Steve you would have walked the title but as everyone knows in Speedway injuries affect results and to blame one or two riders in particular is I think unfair sorry .

cheers Mick.

Edited by FTM
  • Like 1

And I will probably get shot down with this, but the promotion have to take some of the blame. I was actually at both Somerset and Leicester tonight and could not fault any of the riders for effort.

2 massive reasons why we were actually top of the league were the Worralls and have been without them for 3-4 months. Since then we have been practically been riding with 5 riders and a guest reserve who does not score many points (through no fault of their own), we scraped through the rest of the season and beat Plymouth to hang on to top spot but would not win the playoffs against good teams this way and we have been found out.

If riders have been underperforming then why not drop a rider when the Worralls got injured? Maybe Lemon who has not really looked fit and bring in 3, ie Monberg and 2 others?? Why when we have had 3 leg breaks in last 2 seasons do we wait for them to come back when never going to come back fit and have twice let the season fizzle out.

What should of been a massive meeting tomorrow is now pointless :(

Edited by Gaz
  • Like 1