DAVIES

STEAD

NEWMAN

VISSING

PERRY

ELLIS

DONT KNOW WHAT AVE STEAD WOULD BE BUT I CAN SEE HIM D U WITH SWINDON NEXT YEAR

thats over the limit replace stead with jesper and you have it

Ellis is a lakeside asset. With lakeside being a Friday club I can't see this happening

Ellis is a lakeside asset. With lakeside being a Friday club I can't see this happening

Don't think Adam is ready for double up role yet. A place in the premier will be more important next year, where though is the big question.

Some of the names I am hearing are interesting though.

It looks like Nemo might be leaving the Lions if they make the step up.. Great rider, likes the OTA. What do you all think about that?

what did the riders say in their interviews last night? i couldn't make it

Everybody wants to return to the Rebels :t:

heres hoping you resign James Wright for the 2013 season .lol.

Wouldn't be a massive surprise.. after all he carries a major team sponsor! :cry:

Is there any reason for this sort of thing at the end of the season. By all means put forward ideas for people you would like to see next year, but why, the slagging off of certain individuals who at the end of the day were part of a very successful team. James had some very good matches for us and some very bad ones,his main problem was his away form which dipped alarmingly at the end of the season. A quick look at the averages will tell you that he recorded only 10 less first places at home than Jason, for one extra match, and also was our top second string rider finishing with an average just under seven. A return which would have maybe put him in the heat leader category in other teams..I was critical of him myself during the season but mainly because of his constant gating offences which were costing us points.My spies tell me that he is very much a confidence rider, so when things are not going so well he gets quite down.He has stated that he loves it at Somerset, which speaks volumes for his character,, a bit different to another rider who was recently released by the club. If there is no place for James next year I have the feeling the decision will be taken by him in the proper fashion and I wish him all the best wherever he goes.

• Like 7

Having been a keen speedway fan for over 50 years, 40 of them as a Falcons fan. 10 years ago i came to the O T A one Fri night just out of intrest and have been there ever since. I for one would like to thank the management of Somerset for giving me a really good season of speedway. Its not been easy with the weather etc but i think the track has been back to its best this year with some very good racing. The management has had to make a few difficult calls [ Sam Masters] but i think they made the right one. When you see what is happening at some clubs [ Plymouth ] we must be thankful to have a stable club with some great support

• Like 1

If I was team manager these would be my thoughts, not wishing to be too controversial ,but:

Jason Doyle- A great number 1, and I assume he will still double up with Swindon, although may want to go Elite full time and has also stated he wants to ride in GP qualifiers, so perhaps a doubt.

Alex Davies- Improved towards the end of the season and has done well from difficult number two slot. However I think he still qualifies for the Under 21 Competitions, he is 21 September 2013. What we don't want is riders missing again, it put us out of the KOC this season with Alex, Kyle and Tom missing. So unless he signs a contract to say he will put Somerset first, I would loan him out for a year.

Tom Perry- was making improvement but has gone backwards towards end of the season. He was given a chance this season,but don't think he has shown enough, probably not the rider but his equipment which is not fast enough. Also another who would be in under 21 competition, so would let him go..

Jesper Monburg- Has done a good job coming in late but now 35 and unlikely to improve so would pass him over.

James Wright-, inconsistant, and definately has to go.

Claus Vissing- Think he has done well and should do even better if he can stay free from injury next year. A definate keep for next season.

Kyle Newman- A great reserve and can come up with a heat leader ride on many occasions. Another definate keep for next season.

So to sum up, keep Claus and Kyle, and Jason if possible and say goodbye to the rest.

Edited by oldtimer

If I was team manager these would be my thoughts, not wishing to be too controversial ,but:

Jason Doyle- A great number 1, and I assume he will still double up with Swindon, although may want to go Elite full time and has also stated he wants to ride in GP qualifiers, so perhaps a doubt.

Alex Davies- Improved towards the end of the season and has done well from difficult number two slot. However I think he still qualifies for the Under 21 Competitions, he is 21 September 2013. What we don't want is riders missing again, it put us out of the KOC this season with Alex, Kyle and Tom missing. So unless he signs a contract to say he will put Somerset first, I would loan him out for a year.

Tom Perry- was making improvement but has gone backwards towards end of the season. He was given a chance this season,but don't think he has shown enough, probably not the rider but his equipment which is not fast enough. Also another who would be in under 21 competition, so would let him go..

Jesper Monburg- Has done a good job coming in late but now 35 and unlikely to improve so would pass him over.

Claus Vissing- Think he has done well and should do even better if he can stay free from injury next year. A definate keep for next season.

Kyle Newman- A great reserve and can come up with a heat leader ride on many occasions. Another definate keep for next season.

So to sum up, keep Claus and Kyle, and Jason if possible and say goodbye to the rest.

I disagree on some points there. Even though alex has under 21 commitments i think he still has done enough to gain a place next season.

Tom (s i said earlier) with a season in the pl behind him knows all the tracks and can also gain more sponsorship and equipment.

I do however agree with claus kyle jason and jesper although i can see jesper also coming back.

btw what average would brady kurtz be? he rode down here before and looked good

Going by "your thoughts" all I can say it's a good job Somerset's team managers pick the team ! there is only one rider I would let go out of that team.

Don`t agree with you on this one Barney.I think the secret to a good campaign is solid home form and then pick up what you can away.I think all of our guys this year have all been pretty consistent at our place, hence the unbeaten run.I think wholesale changes would be a mistake. New people will have to be bought in due to the averages as we are well over.You always will be gambling on lower ranked riders improving, that`s why I would go with Tom and a three pointer, remember Tom himself was about that at the start of this season. It`s time for Alex and Kyle to move up into the main body of the team,and they will be under most pressure to succeed.I would certainly keep Kyle,Tom and Alex. I think from the remaining guys, Doyley is a no brainer,if he wants to double up again ( please), and JBM,who I think would be top draw in a full season. Sam has probably talked himself out of a place, and Claus who started like a house on fire, lost a bit of form at the end, but he did have two bad bang ups.One thing you can be sure of is that we will have a competitive team again, watch this space.

I certainly agree with you regarding the home form - can't afford to drop points at home - which is why my teams feature riders like Wethers, Nedermark and Aspegren who have always shown a liking for the OTA, but are capable of scoring away as well, which gives them the nod over Alex Davies for example. Alex reminds me a little of Simon Walker - awesome at home but too inconsistent away.

I have no problem with retaining Tom at reserve, just not with a 3-pointer. One reserve needs to have the potential to average 5+ so that if a second string is going through a lean patch, the reserve can move into the main body of the team instead and allow the struggling rider to regain form through a confidence-boosting spell at reserve. Having 2 reserves starting with below 4.00 averages makes this unlikely, unless, as I said, we can unearth a 'diamond' like Richie Worrall.

I certainly agree with you regarding the home form - can't afford to drop points at home - which is why my teams feature riders like Wethers, Nedermark and Aspegren who have always shown a liking for the OTA, but are capable of scoring away as well, which gives them the nod over Alex Davies for example. Alex reminds me a little of Simon Walker - awesome at home but too inconsistent away.

I have no problem with retaining Tom at reserve, just not with a 3-pointer. One reserve needs to have the potential to average 5+ so that if a second string is going through a lean patch, the reserve can move into the main body of the team instead and allow the struggling rider to regain form through a confidence-boosting spell at reserve. Having 2 reserves starting with below 4.00 averages makes this unlikely, unless, as I said, we can unearth a 'diamond' like Richie Worrall.

I saw Alex Davies at Ashfield this year and to say he was awesome that day would be an understatement , he was the best Rebel on the day out with Jason Doyle so that is one away track he can certainly ride i would take him for us in a heartbeat if the Rebel's don't / can't fit him in