British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Trackman

Australia’s Richest Ever One-night Speedway Show

Australias Richest One Night Show To Hit Sydney Showground Speedway.

'Thunderama': The Storm is Coming!

It has been a year in the planning, but Australia’s richest ever one-night Speedway show is coming to the Sydney Showground, Homebush Park Saturday 14th February for the $100,000 total prize package; $20,000 to win Thunderama Speedcar International.

The Speedcar extravaganza (or 'Midgets' as he prefers them in his native New Zealand) is promoted by Dave Stewart, the promoter of the Western Springs in Auckland, which holds the annual International Test Series between the Americans, Australians and Kiwis each January.

Stewart is no stranger to putting on big events. The cost of not only flying in the five Australian and American teams complete with accommodation each year to race at Springs Speedway he often has to fly the cars overseas.

Note that in the TV ad that I saw, 'Jason Crump' was emblazoned across the screen. If he rides....... who will he race against?

Steve Magro.

G'Day All. (;O)

This looks Good! Fanks Steve. ;o)

Regards.

PS.

"is he pulling my leg"? This is Too good to be true. (;O) Get in here Wheels!

tell us more. (;o))

As I understand it from what I was told at Newcastle last night, Jason's opponents will be Leigh Adams, Ryan Sullivan and John Jorgensen.

Whats this all about? I thought it was just midgets racing at the Showground? Will there be any Solo action worth going to see?

Or is this just a wind up!!??

Guest Sir Lunchalot

The way I read it was that the Midgets were the majority of the show with Crump, Sullivan, Adams and Doolan riding in "demonstration" events. What exactly that means I am not sure but it might be worth asking the question what sort of actual solo racing there is going to be there.

I heard / read but don't quote me that it is nearly $50 for a standing room ticket and three figures for a ticket for a seat in the stand.

For such a high profile event details of the solo part of proceedings are certainly very sketchy.

I've heard the rumours about demonstration races etc.

Seems the promoters don't care about the die hard solo fans who would make an effort to get to this event if there wasn't so much uncertainty surrounding it.

"only gonna be 4 Solos and 4 Sidecars and the MA permit

will only allow for" "demonstrations"!... "To use Pedro's words".

Trackman can't say too much, an MA rep gets hot under the collar. PMSL!

SOMETHING TO DO WITH..... me saying, Mike Raymond knowing how to promote, back in the good old days!

Regards.

PS.

Sorry it was not this "forum" Trackman got into TROUBLE! it was Yahoo's list.

"Your safe Phil". ;o))) but, word might get out to the MA!

I Hope you get on their favourites list, www. S-F.co (;O)))

Crump v Sullivan v Adams v Doolan to appear at the new Sydney Showground, after John Jorgensen declined due to a previous booking.......wow what a line up. It should be good. I hope the track is worthy.

......go Doolan!

Steve Magro

Fankz! Steve. ;O))

(:o(((

Once again the track was in top race shape. (:o)... 3,000 ppl turnd up,

on "Valentines Night"! to see the "Demolition Demonstration".

That's 2 embarssments!, why not put the money into "The EKKA"!!!!!!!!!!

Regards.

highlight of the meet. THE FIREWORKS!!!!!!!!!!

for the speedway enthusiast the meeting was below average in both the bike demo and the speedcars

i suppose the competitors can only do so much on a track that was not conclusive to good racing ,1 line track too narrow weird shape ,like a pear,also i think the barriers on the infield (3foot high barrier filled with water)was a joke and dangerous to the bikes ,ask adams he had a big moment in turn 4 and nearly seen his season flash before him after hitting a rut and being bounced out of his seat ,and nearly off the bike would not have been pretty ,sully not far behind said he was amazed leigh stayed on!!!!!!!

great idea wrong venue ,should try ekka or wayville ,sydney is not like the good old days anymore ,so stop embarrassing speedway and those involved by promoting meetings with such restrictions such as barriers to save the grass infield . :blink::o:o