British Speedway Forum
crazysue

Rye House V Ipswich 6th October

Couldn't see a thread.. .is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Still need a texter....anyone?

We have a back up site.

Still need a texter though. ..

Anybody got any tumbleweed? Urgently needed for this thread!!

Anybody got any tumbleweed? Urgently needed for this thread!!

sorry, it was all used at the track tonight!

Ha ha ha ha!! loving this thread!! if the BSPA need confirmation of wether these end of season "losers" trophy competitions are worth it, heres your answer!!!

Ha ha ha ha!! loving this thread!! if the BSPA need confirmation of wether these end of season "losers" trophy competitions are worth it, heres your answer!!!

Anyone actually go? Any good? What was the crowd level?

Yep me.

Actually in my opinion some good racing tonight, crowd was down but not the worse I've seen.

Engine failures and bike problems nearly gifted the night to Ipswich after our strong start, we gave up two 5-1's to 3-3s .The team dug in at the end and came through with some great passing.

Every rider in the Rye team had their moment tonight, Rambo included. Well done boys.

Yep me.

Actually in my opinion some good racing tonight, crowd was down but not the worse I've seen.

Engine failures and bike problems nearly gifted the night to Ipswich after our strong start, we gave up two 5-1's to 3-3s .The team dug in at the end and came through with some great passing.

Every rider in the Rye team had their moment tonight, Rambo included. Well done boys.

Anders Mellgren complaining about his poor machinery on Twitter. Seems to be having more problems than most with his bikes this year.

Yep me.

Regular guest Doyley was the savior for the Rockets again I see, 3 x 5-1`s and 2 x 4-2`s in his 5 rides, he is having a great season,good for him after all his shoulder problems.

Hi Shads

Crowd ok as far as I could see, about normal for for meetings over the last few weeks.

Some good performances from all the Rockets, as someone said to me, a couple looked like they were racing for a team place next year ))

Doyle- Normal classy self, sitting behind and protecting Rye riders in first couple of outings.

Mellgren- Bike problems in first 2 outings while in the mix or leading.

Jason G- Character and class, nailed on for next year.

Jason B- Looking good when he gates, but still goes missing at points during the meeting.

Kasper- Please please learn to gate and we will have a cracking rider here.

Simon- Couple of wins early on then faded, looks uncomfortable on Rye Track,

Had a few words with Len before the meeting and he said that he has 4 names pencilled in already for next year. As he put it 'four of the best young riders in the league'. I hope it is Garrity, Mellgren and Jasper. Then I think he means Nelson who he promises will be back next season.

I don't think Doyles in the frame (( and I gather he has one hand on Mellgrens registration.

So next year we are looking like;

1. ??? (Doolan/Masters)

2. Garrity

3. Mellgren

4. Nelson

5. ?? (Lanham/Luke Bowen when fit)

6. Jasper

7. Bunyan/Lambert

Were the rockets that good last night or the witches poor? A few of the ipswich riders looked terrible last night, with what looked like not a lot of effort. Some good stuff from the rockets on what must have been one of the slickest i have ever seen. The cut back worked well for the rockets but I don't think any ipswich rider noticed this, apart from north.

Could not agree more who cares who win these meetings they are totally meaningless and just an excuse to fill dates for the losers in the league :neutral:

Were the rockets that good last night or the witches poor? A few of the ipswich riders looked terrible last night, with what looked like not a lot of effort. Some good stuff from the rockets on what must have been one of the slickest i have ever seen. The cut back worked well for the rockets but I don't think any ipswich rider noticed this, apart from north.

Well I do not think the riders are very interested in these meaningless meetings along with most fans :neutral: