British Speedway Forum
scaramanga

Newcastle V Workington Sunday 14th

Yes I do get it, you need to get over it !!! Its £15 for 1 PL meeting at Worky at the minute and tomorrow its £25 for 2 meetings , I'l be paying it and most probably you will , difference being I don't moan about it

you are not getting what im saying yes i will pay it and so will you but theres plenty that wont or just cant the 2 people i usualy stand with wont be there pure and simple because they cant afford to pay the £50 its as simple as that

a couple on only 1 low wage can not afford £50

i can afford it im not complaining for my own benifit im trying to get the point across the only way to increase the crowd is make it available for a larger percentage of the public not just the ones with plenty of spare cash

you are not getting what im saying yes i will pay it and so will you but theres plenty that wont or just cant the 2 people i usualy stand with wont be there pure and simple because they cant afford to pay the £50 its as simple as that

a couple on only 1 low wage can not afford £50

i can afford it im not complaining for my own benifit im trying to get the point across the only way to increase the crowd is make it available for a larger percentage of the public not just the ones with plenty of spare cash

We hear what you are saying but your solution ( I.e. to reduce the cost of entry) will not and does not work, just look at what is happening at Berwick they reduce entry to £10 and still see no significant increase in numbers through the gates, and now find themselves in trouble, reducing admission costs alone will only put more promotions out of business. I agree that costs need to be reduced if possible but that is down to the BSPA to sort out at the Conference in November, this year they are stuck with the pay rates and constraints agreed at last years conference so their outgoings are to a large extent fixed (for this year at least).

You focus upon reducing the entry cost for those who pay on a weekly basis but what about the season ticket holders, why should they support those that are not prepared to pay normal entry costs. The couple who you stand with shouldn't need to pay £50 as you say in one week, what happened to the £15 they saved when the last Ipswich meeting was cancelled, and if they haven't saved that then why should the promotion pay for their leisure activity. If we still want to see speedway then we the supporters need to pay the going rate, it's a hard world sometimes you need to prioritise and if you can't afford it tough luck but you can't expect others to be out of pocket to accommodate your Saturday night entertainment.

Here's a thought though, if you feel so sorry for your 2 friends why don't you subsidise them and pay part of their entry?

Edited by stemoc

According to 'the Journal', Newcastle's guests are Paul Starke and Michael Palm Toft.

Good guest in MPT

Good guest in MPT

not really, he's been garbage twice this season scoring 3 & 4.....hopefully he will get more from reserve...

not really, he's been garbage twice this season scoring 3 & 4.....hopefully he will get more from reserve...

Always rode DP very well, that said that's a proper track :wink:

Should be a good one anyway, will be across with the rest of the crew on the supporters bus after collecting the PLRC on route :t:

Always rode DP very well, that said that's a proper track :wink:

Should be a good one anyway, will be across with the rest of the crew on the supporters bus after collecting the PLRC on route :t:

would be if the straights wernt to narrow for the bends, you couldn't bend wire the shape some riders get into :)

would be if the straights wernt to narrow for the bends, you couldn't bend wire the shape some riders get into :)

At least we have got straights :lol:

a few queers aswell :)

:t:

STEMOC , why dont you chip in for scarras mates so they can see speedway, you seem to be well off. yea , well off .

Edited by jenga

Anybody in toon got a weather update please , cheers

hope all the travelling fans make iy up to newcastle in time with their magic slip.

i talk some sh!te like :)
  • Like 1