British Speedway Forum

Lemo has just Tweeted and posted on Facebook that he won't be at Newcastle in 2013.

Not surprised really, just hope we replace him wisely...Tully??

No thanks. Last seasons team was over the limit so at least one rider had to be left out and replaced with a lower averaged rider.

I think we'll keep Robbo, Ned, Henry, Ludvig, Richie & Steve and that would leave around 4.5 for the last rider. Jason King would be the obvious choice if fit and willing.

Mixed feelings on Lemo. He was a fantastic signing and up until this year has been superb for us. But he has had a poor season. Difficult one, his average is fairly low so do you include him and hope it was a one off or leave him out on the basis that he is nearing 40 now and might be on the way down. Not an easy decision but if Lemo had stayed then one of the others would have to have gone.

Of course I could be wrong and maybe there'll be a couple of new riders. We did finish top though so I don't see any reason for significant change.

• Like 1

his performances away from home arent good enough to warrant a heat leader spot anymore, great servant to british speedway but its a sensible decision, you cant win anything with sentiment, younger blood needed

• Like 1

Still bit disappointed with Lemo was always a possibility but I think with the likes of Steve, Richie and Lud etc he is always a fantastic team member, I thought with the average he was on he was worth atleast one more season, if it was injuries and bike troubles plaguing him all season and he starts firing again it will be a massive kick in the crown jewels. Was great seeing him win the cup at the end of the season you could really tell he was thrilled and a proper team man for Newcastle.

Matty wethers, no thanks !

If we can't get back the rest of the team now that Mark is out, I would welcome Wethers. He had loads of problems, mainly electrical, and had just got them all sorted when George chose him as a guest for the runnin, and he didn't let us down, did he. He is a loyal rider who masters Brough usually and scores high away. On top of that, he is a good team man and, after settling in, would be my choice as a team captain.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

If we can't get back the rest of the team now that Mark is out, I would welcome Wethers. He had loads of problems, mainly electrical, and had just got them all sorted when George chose him as a guest for the runnin, and he didn't let us down, did he. He is a loyal rider who masters Brough usually and scores high away. On top of that, he is a good team man and, after settling in, would be my choice as a team captain.

I always respect what you say Tsunami but Matty isn't on my list (er? alright I haven't got a list!) we have, if they are all willing to sign up again, a team of reliable second strings, what we need is a top scorer to lead us in 2013. Maybe we should let someone go to allow a bigger name to come in. It is possible however, that we could start the season without a proper number 1 and find our own number 1 from within. Maybe Richie, Ludvig or Claes will make the step up but that in my opinion would be a risk we cannot take. My support would go to the promoters if they decide to drop someone in favour of a name

Edited by dantodan

Robbo

Henry

Richie

Lindgren

Monberg/masters/Doolan/roynon/Tully/Bjerre/grajzonek,Alden

Steve

King

Means loosing claes but we have to sacrifice him Henry or lindgren to get a bigger hitter in IMO.

:)

Robbo

Nedermark

Henry

Richie

Doolan

Steve w

Jason king

Probably wont fit

Robbo

Henry

Richie

Lindgren

Monberg/masters/Doolan/roynon/Tully/Bjerre/grajzonek,Alden

Steve

King

Means loosing claes but we have to sacrifice him Henry or lindgren to get a bigger hitter in IMO.

:)

Keeping your options open there then. :lol:

Edited by spin king

Robbo

Nedermark

Henry

Richie

Doolan

Steve w

Jason king

Probably wont fit

Keeping your options open there then. :lol: