British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sammyjo13

The Play Offs

Is the PL play offs a fair way to end the season? Should the rule where the champions are those at the top of league not be reinstated instead of all this, you ride against this team and this team against this one

What do you all think?

• Like 1

Ride a 6 month long season, playing everyone home and away, then give the championship trophy to the team that is lucky enough to have a full side out in October.

Ride a 6 month long season, playing everyone home and away, then give the championship trophy to the team that is lucky enough to have a full side out in October.

How do you no the championship will go to a team that are full strength?

In general, not this season. Obviously, 3 Scunthorpe riders and some guests could well win it this year

Should the rule where the champions are those at the top of league not be reinstated instead of all this, you ride against this team and this team against this one

What do you all think?

Of course. But I'd imagine the supporter's of the 2nd - 6th place teams would feel differently for some reason :wink:

the time for this argument is before the season starts we all new all the way through the season what the score was so just accept that the league champions are the winners from the play off final

The ranting about this is just boring now. Change the record please!

Clubs are struggling financially all over the country world, and playoffs bring in some much needed income. Last years NL playoff final was 2 of the best meetings seen all season (going on hearsay, I only attended the 1st leg).

What do I pay to see? Exciting speedway racing. That's what I got in that meeting last year, and last week, in the pointless crap trophy, Sheffield and Rye House served up some of the best racing I've seen at Owlerton all season.

I must be one of these strange people who are so busy enjoying watching this spectator sport I don't have time to worry about anything and everything.

Playoffs, double points, silencers, foreigners stopping all the highly talented Brits from getting a team - who the hell gives a toss?

Don't hit the face...

• Like 3

The ranting about this is just boring now. Change the record please!

Clubs are struggling financially all over the country world, and playoffs bring in some much needed income. Last years NL playoff final was 2 of the best meetings seen all season (going on hearsay, I only attended the 1st leg).

What do I pay to see? Exciting speedway racing. That's what I got in that meeting last year, and last week, in the pointless crap trophy, Sheffield and Rye House served up some of the best racing I've seen at Owlerton all season.

I must be one of these strange people who are so busy enjoying watching this spectator sport I don't have time to worry about anything and everything.

Playoffs, double points, silencers, foreigners stopping all the highly talented Brits from getting a team - who the hell gives a toss?

Don't hit the face...

And the whole world should love Simon Lambert. :wub:

• Like 1

Rules are rules....and we all knew them, maybe in future the top team should go straight to the final, as to finish just above mid table yet be able to be champions is daft....you can cheat early doors and fly up the league....coventrys success was only good because the beat Poole :)

Rules are rules....and we all knew them, maybe in future the top team should go straight to the final, as to finish just above mid table yet be able to be champions is daft....you can cheat early doors and fly up the league....coventrys success was only good because the beat Poole :)

if the league is decided by a play off system then i agree the team that finished top should maybe go straight to final then the next 3 play each other home and away to see who joins them in the final
  • Like 1

Simple enough the way it used to be: straight knock out.

Groups can easily lead to dead matches like Newcastle v Leicester and, if Somerset win on Friday, Leicester v Somerset this coming Saturday.

Title decide between top 4 not 6, which at least leaves some decent teams in the YS / PCT instead of the dross this year.

if the league is decided by a play off system then i agree the team that finished top should maybe go straight to final then the next 3 play each other home and away to see who joins them in the final

Best idea so far BSPA take note and get this person on board

• Like 1

Simple enough the way it used to be: straight knock out.

Groups can easily lead to dead matches like Newcastle v Leicester and, if Somerset win on Friday, Leicester v Somerset this coming Saturday.

Title decide between top 4 not 6, which at least leaves some decent teams in the YS / PCT instead of the dross this year.

there are some very good teams in the ys/pct as you put it

berwick and edinbrugh were very strong teams when at there best berwick especially had there season ruined by injury along with workington but workington have managed to progress a little further

Ah, but as you'll find out if you head to Derwent Park on Saturday, Edinburgh are in the play-offs rather than the PCT.