British Speedway Forum
barrow boy

Somerset V Leicester Bpl Play Off Fri 12th October

Leicester need to get a point from this otherwise Somerset will win through to the BPL League Title Final. History is certainly on Somerset's side but can Leicester defy the odds again and take it to Beaumont Park to decide.

Leicester need to get a point from this otherwise Somerset will win through to the BPL League Title Final. History is certainly on Somerset's side but can Leicester defy the odds again and take it to Beaumont Park to decide.

BPL, is this a new League, or another BSPA invention?? :D

No! :nono:

And how is history on Somerset's side?? We've never been here before :blink:.

If we only pick up a point at Somerset (fairly unlikely i know) then by my calculations we would still need to turn over Somerset by 17 points on aggregate which would mean between a 19 and 23 point home win needed (if league is decided race points like normal table). This leaves me thinking we need more than a point at Somerset :blink:

or i may have that all wrong!

Mick.

No! :nono:

And how is history on Somerset's side?? We've never been here before :blink:.

The history being that Somerset have always beaten Leicester at OTA?

Is Lasse Bjerre riding in the meeting on Friday ? I know he is missing on Saturday and Leicester have got rider replacement facility for him. Also looks like may need two guests at reserve as hear Blackbird has broken collarbone and Makinen dislocated shoulder again

Is Lasse Bjerre riding in the meeting on Friday ? I know he is missing on Saturday and Leicester have got rider replacement facility for him.

If Somerset get all 3 points on Friday whats the point in having a meeting on Saturday!!

If Somerset get all 3 points on Friday whats the point in having a meeting on Saturday!!

I would think the riders would like to earn some money.

I would think the riders would like to earn some money.

Apart fom that it will be like a pre-season challenge

If we only pick up a point at Somerset (fairly unlikely i know) then by my calculations we would still need to turn over Somerset by 17 points on aggregate which would mean between a 19 and 23 point home win needed (if league is decided race points like normal table). This leaves me thinking we need more than a point at Somerset :blink:

Newcastle have 5 pts, Somerset 4 and Leicester 3. Surely if we nick a point, we would go into Saturday, Somerset 6, Leicester 4 and so a 3 point home win would be needed on Saturday...ONLY. Or indeed I may have got that wrong!

2 Very remote chances.

It's a bit silly having one of your top riders missing for a play off what's the point. I know he is proberly riding some wear els but should club come first

It's a bit silly having one of your top riders missing for a play off what's the point. I know he is proberly riding some wear els but should club come first

You are forgetting this meeting was originally meant to be last week, so would not have been a problem.

However, it would also explain the delay in confirming the date for the home fixture.

Maybe someone thought it would be meaningless anyway?

Thanks for that but if Saturday turns out that we need to win would we be able to get a guest for him

Newcastle have 5 pts, Somerset 4 and Leicester 3. Surely if we nick a point, we would go into Saturday, Somerset 6, Leicester 4 and so a 3 point home win would be needed on Saturday...ONLY. Or indeed I may have got that wrong!

2 Very remote chances.

no, you're right and i'm wrong. my bad. so a point away and a 10 point + home win it is! erm, here's hoping ;)

I did mean 7 point + home win starshooter. edited due to me having a mare (this is turning into a thread dedicated to pointing out my errors, cheers everyone!).

Edited by volty