British Speedway Forum
barrow boy

Somerset V Leicester Bpl Play Off Fri 12th October

As I understand it there is no aggrate score in the PL Play offs just like a league meeting if you win by more than 7 points it's 3 league points less than 7 points it's 2 league points

Edited by starshooter

Is Lasse Bjerre riding in the meeting on Friday ? I know he is missing on Saturday and Leicester have got rider replacement facility for him. Also looks like may need two guests at reserve as hear Blackbird has broken collarbone and Makinen dislocated shoulder again

If the reserves are both out and we can use guests then my choice if available would be for Micky Dyer in place of Makinen. Looked like he did good at OTA last time and seems in good form. With Ipswich riding the same night i'm not sure if there is a decent option to replace Blackbird though. Knowing the way this thread is going for me i fully expect to find out Dyer is out injured for the season or has flown home for the winter!

Edited by volty

​I would like to think that Leicester could get close enough to Somerset on Friday, and set it all up for a good close match on Saturday. But, in all honesty the way we perform away I can't see it.

I tend to agree with tinytimrebel, it will all be done and dusted by Friday night.

If Somerset get all three points on Friday then they will contest the final with ?????

If Somerset get all three points on Friday then they will contest the final with ?????

Should be Scunthorpe barring any major upsets

Shame Bjerre (7.31) is missing on Friday. Would have been interesting if the Lions had been allowed Sam Masters (7.44) as a guest but sadly his average is slightly higher.

Lions need to pull off the biggest upset since their second coming.

Can't see it but a more than solid season this year

​I would like to think that Leicester could get close enough to Somerset on Friday, and set it all up for a good close match on Saturday. But, in all honesty the way we perform away I can't see it.

Leicester have a better away record than Workington and Edinburgh who are unfortunately in the other group!

Somersets League to Lose now.

Edited by Starman2006

Somersets League to Lose now.

Why's that then?

Why's that then?

I thought id get some inaine comment. Work it our for yourself!!

I thought id give some inaine comment. Work it our for yourself!!

Edited for accuracy :wink:

I THINK IT WILL BE SWIMMING ONLY ON FRIDAY,AGAIN!

A dry day tomorrow with a good stiff breeze and we may get some speedway. Let's hope so.

Edited for accuracy :wink:

A dry day tomorrow with a good stiff breeze and we may get some speedway. Let's hope so.

The track was pretty wet tonight but didn't look too bad with only small puddles around the kerb. If tomorrow is dry with the breeze then that will be ok but not too sure about the car park though!!

I thought id get some inaine comment. Work it our for yourself!!

Well I don't see how it is? The other group is still close and you could argue they are the in form teams I think making to the final is an achievement any more is a bonus!