British Speedway Forum
barrow boy

Somerset V Leicester Bpl Play Off Fri 12th October

Shame Bjerre (7.31) is missing on Friday. Would have been interesting if the Lions had been allowed Sam Masters (7.44) as a guest but sadly his average is slightly higher.

And he is in CZ at the moment

Edited by starshooter

And he is in CZ at the moment

One of the reasons JBM was preferred to him.

Could our Rebel friends asdvise What is the likelyhood of this meeting going ahead? Weatherwise :-)

Could our Rebel friends asdvise What is the likelyhood of this meeting going ahead? Weatherwise :-)

BBC weather site give rain this afternoon then cloudy from about 4pm until late into the night

Weather not looking too good at the moment - a number of heavy showers already today. It may well dry up later, but the damage may already be done. It's lashing down as I write this. Not hopeful I'm afraid, though I'm sure they will give it every chance.

I still don't understand, why doesn't the track have covers on it? The rain today has been horrendous, not to mention what fell yesterday.

I still don't understand, why doesn't the track have covers on it? The rain today has been horrendous, not to mention what fell yesterday.

£££££££££££££££

£££££££££££££££

Give over. Plastic sheeting is cheap as chips. I'd be amazed if anyone has even looked into pricing for it, but it's really not difficult to do.

You would have thought that in this day and age that someone would have come up with a cheap option.

I remember years ago at Long Eaton they used to have sheeting over the dog track so that no shale got onto it. After the Speedway had finished the guys used to go round removing the covers.

I thought the track was dendant on the height of the local water table, if that was high the track couldn't drain

£££££££££££££££

My local amateur cricket club can afford to invest in some pitch covers - or more likely can't afford not to, if they ever want to get a game on during the British Summer!

• Like 1