British Speedway Forum
barrow boy

Somerset V Leicester Bpl Play Off Fri 12th October

Many Many congratulations to Garry Bish and the Team on reaching the play off final. Well done one and all. :D:party:

Oh yes! Brilliant night! Congratulations to all management and riders its been a fantastic season with still perhaps more to come! Bizarre decision to exclude Wrighty and then I think he made the rules up after that! A mention for Lewis Kerr did a great job tonight would be a great signing for a team next year ready for the jump now I think! Roll on Friday Final 1!

well done lads,2 finals keep it up and stay fit,good luck to jason in the PLRC

Edited by cat2

Should never have took Jari

Completely agree, should never have ridden if he isn't properly fit, could have used maybe Dyer or Kutz as guest, both under Jari's average.

Should never have took Jari

Wouldn't say he didn't look fit it was more his bike wouldn't do 4 laps that was the problem for Jari.

Leicester made a real scrap of it tonight and congratulations to them on a solid season in 2012.

The Rebels made hard work of it to start with with missed gates on a wet but perfectly rideable track albeit a bit on the slick side due to the rain possibly due to fall. Ez had a nice easy day i reckon (!!) and didn't even make a grading appearance all night. I had been at the track a couple of times during the day and at 9 o'clock it was fine except a large puddle on the inside of the back straight which was being pumped off onto the centre green and at around 3pm it looked perfect. The car park was probably a bigger issue than the track ever was today.

Doyely lost his unbeaten run but still put in a captain's performance with his partnership with Alex looking very useful at present. Jesper rode with his head making sure he scored steady points all night whilst Wrighty despite a couple of twitches at the gate rode pretty well especially alongside Kyle in ht14. I sense Claus's engine issues in ht 13 were fairly serious from his reaction but another solid showing. Kyle was another to suffer the mechanical isues but still paid for 6 wasn't bad. For me Tom was the matchwinner scoring points in every ride despite not bringing his gating gloves. I thought he was going to get by Eklof in ht 12 but just ran out of room in a clever ride by the Swede but paid 6 was a good effort again.

Leicester were somewhat unlucky at times i felt and probably the final scoreline doesn't do them justice. Nieminen was good value except in the last race, Eklof was steady but Graversen always was in the thick of the action and although i don't think he would have passed Kyle in ht 14 when his bike gave up the ghost causing him to fall he was giving it 110%. Nice little 'Basil Fawlty' moment when he stood up and kicked his bike though! Karlsson was another to suffer a fall due to a chain going and did well to get up for the point and he scored steadily all night long. Makinen as i said had many bike troubles whilst i was mightily impressed with Lewis Kerr. I wasn't expecting him to do much but he was mixing it well all night and got a great cheer for his 3/4 lap push home in ht 14 for a point. He could do a useful job in the PL next year on that showing.

So the Rebels secure their place in their second Final of the season and lets hope some silverware can find its way to Highbridge for the Winter months.

Does anyone know what meeting will be on next Friday ?

As far as I can see, it can't be the play off final because Edinburgh entertain Workington that night.

Does anyone know what meeting will be on next Friday ?

As far as I can see, it can't be the play off final because Edinburgh entertain Workington that night.

They announced that they hoped it would be the League Cup Final next Friday.

They announced that they hoped it would be the League Cup Final next Friday.

Lets hope Ipswich do the business tonight, then :D

Well done the Rebels excellent all round performance, now lets finish the job.

Good luck to Jason on the PLRC,easily the most consistent performer in the Prem this season , and probably the top double upper aswell as I think the Swindon faithful would testify.

Just like to say how much I was impressed with Lewis Kerr yesterday! Didn't expect him to do aswell as he did. On the pace with alot of top riders! No doubt in my mind he is ready for the step up to premier league and would be a great reserve.

Well done the Rebels excellent all round performance, now lets finish the job.

Good luck to Jason on the PLRC,easily the most consistent performer in the Prem this season , and probably the top double upper aswell as I think the Swindon faithful would testify.

Most definitely agree with that, would like the same arrangement as a d/u rider next season.