British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Rye House V Sheffield Pct 13/10/12

Not Happy - turned down a cash job to go to this meeting - 3.5hr round trip for a cup of hot chocolate :cry:

Not Happy - turned down a cash job to go to this meeting - 3.5hr round trip for a cup of hot chocolate :cry:

You didn't pay to go in did you?

Had no choice it hammered down! Waste of petrol and time, but can 't control the weather.

Had no choice it hammered down! Waste of petrol and time, but can 't control the weather.

We purposely left it late to arrive as I had a hunch the weather would intervene. It Must have been quite a downpour as the surrounding roads and car park were very very wet... We were under a huge black cloud that looked like it was gonna burst at any time all the way up the A10 from the M25. There was no way that meeting was going ahead.

If we don't get favourable conditions I can see this season being a wash out and the competition abandoned. I doubt many will mourn it's passing.

You didn't pay to go in did you?

No mate - stayed outside waiting to hear the bikes before I paid ;)

Will be interesting to see now who complains about the late call off and if they're the same people who complain about the early call offs that we usually get...

Like you Ken, I had the wasted journey, in my case from Norfolk, which this season has hit the pocket extremely hard with the ever rising fuel costs.

I came through some torrential rain enroute, and should have turned back, but you always hope it's not going to move up the road with you.

Very disappointing, especially as I can't get back next week, but Uncle Len says I can use the rain-off tickets for the 'Ace of Herts' meeting, not that I'm really interested in that particular fixture, but guess I'll be there.

Now hoping Mildenhall goes ahead this afternoon.

No mate - stayed outside waiting to hear the bikes before I paid ;)

Should have come into the pub next door, with me, Anders Mellgren, Ludwig Lingren and Ricky Kling. That may have given a clue that meting was off :drink:

Edited by bolly

Should have come into the pub next door, with me, Anders Mellgren, Ludwig Lingren and Ricky Kling. That may have given a clue that meting was off :drink:

I hope you took the opportunity to ask Anders what his plans are for 2013 😉

Any reason why Ricky Kling should've been at Rye House yesterday?

His latest Tweet may be a clue

Edited by Shadders

I hope you took the opportunity to ask Anders what his plans are for 2013

Any reason why Ricky Kling should've been at Rye House yesterday?

His latest Tweet may be a clue

Yes I did and he said that if at all possible he will be back with Rye. Lens got to agree to get his registration from BSPA but he likes it at Rye.

Ricky and Ludwig dont know their plans for next year yet ( or are not saying). They all say that riding for Rye House is a pleasure and gets a big reccomendation from ex-rye riders like Linus and Stefan, on the continent.

Shads

Just seen tweet, put 2 and 2 together and most probably wrong but looks like next year could be interesting ))

Just seen tweet, put 2 and 2 together and most probably wrong but looks like next year could be interesting ))

Not convinced Kling is the genuine PL number 1 we need, but as part of a "strength in depth" side would be something different.

I was very disappointed with his performance at Berwick. It may have been the first time he'd seen the place, but he looked out of his depth

We could be barking up the wrong tree entirely, but it's fun to speculate!

Edited by Shadders

Not convinced Kling is the genuine PL number 1 we need, but as part of a "strength in depth" side would be something different.

I was very disappointed with his performance at Berwick. It may have been the first time he'd seen the place, but he looked out of his depth

We could be barking up the wrong tree entirely, but it's fun to speculate!

Yes, but with an EL ave of 3.97, he would come in on a reasonable ave I think. 3.97 x 1.6 = ???, Less than 8 anyway :D

Maybe not a big No. 1 but I think with the way the team looks to be shaping, he would fit in. Talking to him last night he seems like a good lad too ))

Yes, but with an EL ave of 3.97, he would come in on a reasonable ave I think. 3.97 x 1.6 = ???, Less than 8 anyway :D

Maybe not a big No. 1 but I think with the way the team looks to be shaping, he would fit in. Talking to him last night he seems like a good lad too ))

Ricky Kling on a sub 7 average? Bargain!!

Think yer need to listen to the Jason Bunyan interview on the mercury site tomorrow!

As for the weather we came up early and it was dry until that downpour, so just he ay it goes.

Ricky Kling on a sub 7 average? Bargain!!

I make it 6.35... defo nailed on for 2013 if he's prepared to come ride for us.. ;)