British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Rye House V Sheffield Pct 13/10/12

I make it 6.35... defo nailed on for 2013 if he's prepared to come ride for us.. ;)

Interesting photo Ricky posted on Twitter, unless he's a monumental wind up merchant.

I don't think he's going to be our saviour though, he's too hit and miss. His performance for us at Berwick was disappointing to say the least.

As a middle order signing I'd say yes please, but as a number one definitely not!!

This match which was re-arranged for Saturday 20th October is OFF as per BSPA site

Not surprised... Raining for most of the afternoon with more to come tonight. Forecast for tomorrow is light rain from 7pm

I can see them scrapping this competition

Edited by Shadders

Email from Rye House;

Rye House versus Sheffield - OFF

Following torrential rain today which has left the Hoddesdon circuit under water, and with further showers forecast tomorrow afternoon, the early decision has been taken to call off tomorrow's meetIng at Rye House.

The match will not be restaged. Instead the Rockets will qualify directly for the Challenge Trophy Final and will wait to see on Sunday who they will meet, and therefore also whether their home leg is next Saturday or Sunday.

Edited by Alan_Jones

Email from Rye House;

Rye House versus Sheffield - OFF

Following torrential rain today which has left the Hoddesdon circuit under water, and with further showers forecast tomorrow afternoon, the early decision has been taken to call off tomorrow's meetIng at Rye House.

The match will not be restated. Instead the Rockets will qualify directly for theChallenge Trophy Final and will wait to see on Sunday who they will meet, and therefore also whether their home leg is next Saturday or Sunday.

Did it say restated on the e`mail ? re-staged or re-instated surely.

Did it say restated on the e`mail ? re-staged or re-instated surely.

Didn't notice that. Restated on the email, restaged on the BSPA site version.

a pleasent mild afternoon in london today. it's a shame the match is off tonight, i feel like going to a meeting, i did consider the ELRC, but £25 plus prog for an event i'm not really interested in plus travel costs would work out at around the £70 mark! :blink:

To be fair, the evening and night in north-east London (so one assumes in Hertfordshire too) was bloody awful : constant rain, so the decision to call off was completely correct.

Not really in touch with this strange competition but how is that the Rockets now qualify for the final..?

And with a whole host of these sorts of decisions being made in the past few days one hopes some lessons for the future will get learnt..

Without 'play offs' we'd have had a nice sensible end to the 2012 season; with them seems the season is ending close to farce...

To be fair, the evening and night in north-east London (so one assumes in Hertfordshire too) was bloody awful : constant rain, so the decision to call off was completely correct.

Not really in touch with this strange competition but how is that the Rockets now qualify for the final..?

And with a whole host of these sorts of decisions being made in the past few days one hopes some lessons for the future will get learnt..

Without 'play offs' we'd have had a nice sensible end to the 2012 season; with them seems the season is ending close to farce...

League and cup should be done and dusted by the end of September, first week of October at a push. Last few weeks should be local derby challenge meetings. I used to enjoy the Autumn Shield meetings at Rye House in the mid to late 80's. A triangular 6 man team tournament with the likes of Hackney & Arena Essex.

Edited by Shadders