British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RS50

Sheffield V Ipswich 11th October 2012

Ipswich go through as they won the first leg as per Birmingham v Belle Vue tie. :t:

All two leg matches will now be decided on the first leg only otherwise all the matches will not get raced

It's not 'over two legs' though, is it?

It's two seperate matches.

Why not run the match straight after PLRC. May get lots of the neutrals to watch as already at Owlerton.

Why not run the match straight after PLRC. May get lots of the neutrals to watch as already at Owlerton.

Don't be ridiculous. Some people have got to get back for a night shift! :wink:

I'm just guessing, but perhaps the riders from both teams might want paying for riding?

Is it raining yet ?

Just a little drizzle

I'm just guessing, but perhaps the riders from both teams might want paying for riding?

Never suggested people should not have to pay to watch this.

Thank god that season is over.

Is this match still to be ridden? can't see it on any fixture sheet

Hoggy said on Sunday they were trying to fix a date, and to keep checking the website.

For once I can see the BSPA logic.

The Witches had that blank Thursday where they couldnt ride at home (world stock car) so a trip to Sheff was possible.

Just a pity the Sheffield Management did not have the courtesy to tell the fans, who may be waiting for this info, via the website. Unfortunately, this now seems typical of them. I think they need to remember that these are the people who pay £300.00 season ticket/£15.00 weekly admission money.

Copied from local paper website;

Tigers season could be over

Published on Wednesday 17 October 2012 15:23

TIGERS appear to have raced their last home meeting of the season.

The postponement of last Thursday’s Premier Challenge Trophy clash with Ipswich has left the club with a lack of alternative dates as the Witches are also a Thursday night club. And club owner Neil Machin is far from satisfied with the situation.

“It is an impossible situation,” he said.

“We can’t stage the meeting on a Thursday because that’s Ipswich’s race night as well and our alternative race day, Sunday, is a non-starter because there are events planned for the next three weeks.

“But we wouldn’t have been in this mess had the three northern tracks not taken it upon themselves to be grouped together. It was never a case of the six tracks being put together on a northern and southern basis, that was never agreed. I’ve asked the British Speedway Promoters’ Association to tell us who made the decision and they can’t answer.

“It would make sense to have the groups on a regional basis and normally there’d be no problem with that - but had we been able to discuss the matter then it would have been made clear that grouping Ipswich, who have so many commitments, with another Thursday track would have been stupid.”