British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigeddiechek

Lee Complin

Sad news to hear that Lee has decided to retire. He'll be a huge miss.

It's worrying as the sport in general is really struggling and Lee was one of the valuable crowd pullers in the league.

Wish him all the best, for me he was worth every penny of the admission fee alone.

• Like 4

Really sad that Lee has called it a day, he was a rider that always did well at Perry Barr in our Premier League days. Some of his battles with Jason Lyons were a sight to behold at times and, as you say bigeddiecheck he was a crowd puller. Look at his performance in the Gary Stead meeting at Sheffield, a meeting he won beating many top riders. He was quality that night.

I would like to wish all the best to Lee for the future in whatever he decides to do. :t:

Edited by Brummie Kev

Shame - he was one of the riders that you didn't mind paying to watch as you always knew that you'd be entertained. His `wall of death` overtaking moves at Owlerton earlier this year had to be seen to be believed.

• Like 3

Lee doing what he does best. Iv only had the pleasure of seeing this recently and it blew me away.

Edited by Cj69

What a shame,always was a fantastic entertainer,of which there is a vast shortage in speedway today.Wish you every success in your futures careers,you will be sorely missed.

• Like 1

100% every time he raced,Berwick fans certainly had their moneys worth ,he had some fantastic rides around Shielfield and well worth the admission money and was a rider who had plenty of time for the fans,best of luck to him whatever the future holds.

• Like 2

Lee doing what he does best. Iv only had the pleasure of seeing this recently and it blew me away.

Just breath-taking. Seen that many times at Shielfield over the last couple of years.

Pure skill, balls, and entertainment.

• Like 1

Wish you all the best lee,will keep in touch on facebook.

Everyone always jumps on the Garry Stead meeting when talking about Lee, but I'll always remember him for his first meeting for Sheffield.He didn't score many (might just have been 1 point) but he produced the ride of the meeting. He reared badly out of the start and was tailed off, yet still caught and passed Richard Juul. He was a favourite of mine from then on.

Then at the end of the season he scored a 5 ride maximum against Glasgow.

Always wondered how far he would have made it in the sport if he hadn't lost those 5 years.

Really sad news as he is one the best entertaining riders around in the Premier League.

That race at the Gary Stead meeting was one of the finest rides I have seen at Sheffield.

But like Squall says he had want was a very bright future before he decided to retire the first time and was lost to the sport, I personally think that he would have been up there with the likes of Bomber Harris.

But retirement, injuries on and off the track for me have meant that sadly he never truly reached his true potential.

And like Squall I was a big fan of the lad and he was Junior's first ever speedway hero.

Thank you Lee for the entertainment over the years and Good Luck with future.

Everyone always jumps on the Garry Stead meeting when talking about Lee, but I'll always remember him for his first meeting for Sheffield.He didn't score many (might just have been 1 point) but he produced the ride of the meeting. He reared badly out of the start and was tailed off, yet still caught and passed Richard Juul. He was a favourite of mine from then on.

Then at the end of the season he scored a 5 ride maximum against Glasgow.

Always wondered how far he would have made it in the sport if he hadn't lost those 5 years.

Not much further than he actually did. He was an entertainer and as many have already stated he delivered that and more.

He'll be a miss and hard to replace

Edited by RobinH88

Produced one of the rides of the season in heat 15 at Brough Park to win Berwick the Tyne-Tweed Trophy in March

• Like 1

We`ve probably had better riders at Berwick but I doubt we`ve had a more exciting rider to watch than Complin.You kinda felt sorry sometimes for the rider infront,you knew Complin would always get him round Shielfield.Its fair to say Complin wouldve cut himself a reasonably successful career in the PL,but a full-time job,regular income,especially with a young familly to support was always going to be the right decision.

Thank you for your time as a Berwick Bandit. ;)

• Like 3

I remember just after his comeback he was guesting for Peterborough against Coventry, I said to Silver Bee, this Complin guy, he used to be a bit good, I hope he's still got it, he's doing alright for Stoke. He says I raved on and on about him. Heat 2 and I seem to remember he was last and I was looking a little foolish, then in a later heat he was a long way back, had a mini-battle with Janniro for a lap before catching and passing Rory Schlein, turns out I was right and Silver Bee agreed he was a little bit good!

There was also the great race on the Motor TV documentary they did following Lee in his "first" speedway career, he went from 4th to 1st in true Complin style.

Can't remember him being great at Workington but obviously a racer and very entertaining. It must have been bad, the car crash he was in cos he was out for a while and it was good to see him come back. I know from following updates that the Berwick fans will certainly miss him, good luck in the future Lee.