British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
T.N.T.

Banks Olympique 16 Oct

I would think the original plan to ask Royno but since his injury Tom was asked in his place. Wolves could have hardly been expected to twiddle thumbs waiting to see whether Royno would be fit again this season.

I've seen better and worse line-ups than that.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

• Like 1

Still need a texter for this...anyone?

• Like 1

The point of the Olympique is to have a mixture of riders in it, thus creating the situation where the top riders have to work there way through from the back. Too many top riders it could become a bit spread out.. although, the quality of the field is a lot lower in latter years than it was when Sam Ermolenko was in his heyday for instance.

Congratulations to Scott, not to take anything away from him as he beat Freddie round Monmore but would have expected a few more big names. Woofy, Rory and Harris?? What was the crowd like??

• Like 1

Think woffy ruled himself out with injury. Where was harris though as always great to see him race in this.

Anybody know why kennett didnt race?

Congratulations to scott nicholls. X

Kennett was 'ill'.

Peter Karlsson had put his hand into a lawnmower and come off worse..significantly so apparently..

Crowd was decent.. but quiet.

Although Nicholls had won the meet, the rostrum placings were somehwat tarnished by the awfulness of the alleged 'worlds best referee' Tony Steele. Heat 20, Kildemand jumps the start from 20 metres, start marshall raises his red disc to signify it.. Lindgren doesn't race as a result and Steele lets the race continue. Pathetic.

I was there for only one reason, to see the great Sudden Sam one more time and he delivered with a Heat 12 victory.

Glad the meeting got updates in the end, gutted to have missed this. :cry:

It was an okay meeting but lacked some better riders with PK and Kennett pulling out late. It was a bit of a joke to see some of the jump starts not pulled back. King jumped the start three times and Kildemand's jump start was a joke. He nearly broke the tapes from a 20 metre handicap!! The entry to turn 1 caught a lot of riders out with several falling there and Lindgren appeared to almost lose it in an early heat when he backed it in. Hope the Polish lad is okay. Does anyone have any news on his back injury? It took a long time, and rightly so, for the medical staff to be happy to move him. Klindt tweeted he was pretty sore after his fall so hopefully he's okay too. Kildemand is a lucky boy to have walked away after seemingly falling asleep and landing in front of the following pack.

Congrats to Scott for another Monmore master class. Wells was very good value for his second place, and well done King on getting away with the rolling ;) and taking advantage of another turn 1 victim when Fisher fell while leading the run-off. King does win the 'save of the week' award after almost dumping himself in the turn 4 air fence. It looked for all the world he would slip off the low side but somehow picked it up again.

can anyone put a little bit on here how sam went? good to see he had a race win..whos bike did he borrow.?I know hes 51 but could he still mix it in any league racing?Thanks in advance.

He rode one of Wells' bikes (or the engine at least, not sure about the frame). The poor ol' bloke looked knackered after about 2½ laps of each race. :D Jokes aside, he did fine for one of his age in his first competitive meeting for a number of years. He held on well when he took a race win. I reckon he could compete well with the other older riders back in The States but I don't see him riding in the league here. I can't see his ageing body standing up to the test of weekly racing for 7 months+. I don't think was ever meant to be a test to consider a comeback. It was just a bit of fun and he enjoyed himself.