British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
justathought

Ryan Fisher Joins Leicester

According to reports this morning on BBC Radio Leicester Ryan Fisher is a lion next year.

But in what league ?

• Like 1

According to reports this morning on BBC Radio Leicester Ryan Fisher is a lion next year.

Best wishes he was pretty poor in the PLRC yesterday, think he has had his day

With "speedflash" back at Liecester that is not really a big surprise IMO.Good to see him fixed up though he is good entertainment value wherever he rides

i dont think ryan has had his day just yet but in saying that he is not the ryan fisher of old and has maybe dropped down the ladder a bit but is still a great rider,hard as nails,good entertainer and will put bums on seats.with glyn doing his engines,giving him a job at leicester you do the sums but can you blame him?

Interesting. Hope the move does him good if it's true. I wonder what league Leicester will be in though? Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Stars jacket in the EL. Some Lynn supporters probably wouldn't pee on him if he was on fire to put it politely LOL but I wouldn't mind seeing him race for us. I wouldn't say he's had his day yet either. He is an entertainer; box office material. Alright, he is a bit like marmite and you either love him or hate him, but it's characters like that that we need in the sport. He certainly spices things up a bit! In his large write up for the PLRC original date he did say that PL racing was more worthwhile cos of the fact that there's so many fixtures compared to the EL, which is sparce in comparison, so I presume he may well be slightly financially better off racing in the PL at present.

• Like 1

Unless I'm mistaken he's still one of the top averages in the PL and riding for of all clubs Plymouth.

From the Lions website

"“There has been a lot of talk that Leicester Speedway has signed Ryan Fisher and I can confirm that no written offer has been made from the club or indeed has a contract been signed between both parties contrary to what has been said in the media. First and foremost we have a duty to talk to our own riders about next season before thinking about changes and should we wish to make any new signing’s then the approach will be to gain permission from their club in the first instance before opening negotiations” stated the Lions Co-promoter Alan Jones."

From the Lions website

"“There has been a lot of talk that Leicester Speedway has signed Ryan Fisher and I can confirm that no written offer has been made from the club or indeed has a contract been signed between both parties contrary to what has been said in the media. First and foremost we have a duty to talk to our own riders about next season before thinking about changes and should we wish to make any new signing’s then the approach will be to gain permission from their club in the first instance before opening negotiations” stated the Lions Co-promoter Alan Jones."

That radio Leicester is bit if a tinker isn't it. First with the EL thing now with fisher. Personally i'd love seeing him straightening up mid corner and demolishing our fence on a regular basis! Elite or Premier. I fear when we have a track that people can actually overtake on we may need some riders that aren't just blockers and Fisher fits the bill to me!

Mick.

Mick.

• Like 2

That radio Leicester is bit if a tinker isn't it. First with the EL thing now with fisher. Personally i'd love seeing him straightening up mid corner and demolishing our fence on a regular basis! Elite or Premier. I fear when we have a track that people can actually overtake on we may need some riders that aren't just blockers and Fisher fits the bill to me!

Mick.

Mick.

A season of watching Fisher will leave you thrilled, annoyed, amazed, utterly frustrated, wowed and peed off in equal measures. The guy is box office though.

It seems to me that that the Leicester management should start talking to each other.

A lot of talk that Leicester speedway have signed Ryan Fisher ! Er yes.................Glyn Taylor was on BBC Radio Leicester saying that they had agreed a deal and Ryan would be riding for Leicester irrespective of which league they are in next season.

Sounds like Mr Taylor has opened his mouth a little to soon.

• Like 1

What happened the last time Mr Taylor spoke out of turn?

Wonder if its a case of taxi for Mr Taylor.

Average dipped below 9 for first time in a couple of years, think it's underestimated how big a crash he had at Peterborough earlier in the season. Don't exactly think Plymouth has been a happy home for him. Could be a big signing because his form is certain to come good.

If Leicester are in with the big boys next season I hope he doubles up with a PL team. Certainly box office, controversial and entertaining riders are few and far between these days.

i thought it was supposed to be us fans to start the silly season off not the management,oh dear how embarrassing for mr hemsley/jones.